Stop these friggin Harvard threads

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Harps

Jatt Denominator
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am not easily annoyed....my record speaks for itself on these boards. I've been on here for nearly 2 years...and this is just ridiculous ppl....ridiculous.

Damn!

-Harps

Members don't see this ad.

Harps, i know what you mean! haha... so, how's the withdrawal from UCI coming along? :laugh:

Originally posted by AlreadyInDebt
Harps, i know what you mean! haha... so, how's the withdrawal from UCI coming along? :laugh:

Already done it! I hope you get into the place you want... :)

-Harps

Members don't see this ad :)
Originally posted by Harps
I am not easily annoyed....my record speaks for itself on these boards. I've been on here for nearly 2 years...and this is just ridiculous ppl....ridiculous.

Damn!

-Harps

Hey harps, so uh.. what do you think about Hopkins?

Originally posted by exmike
Hey harps, so uh.. what do you think about Hopkins?

Hey bro,
I don't know much about the school because I didn't apply. From what I've heard on SDN, it seems like a great research school.
:)
-Harps

harps, do you mind answering...do you have a 4.0, 40??

youre awesome man. congrats!!!

Originally posted by docmemi
harps, do you mind answering...do you have a 4.0, 40??

youre awesome man. congrats!!!

Nah bro.....not me! I have just decent stats :)

This process has been a surprise for me as much as anyone else...considering that I am coming from what "BerkeleyPreMed" considers a low-rung UC.

Someone sitting UP THERE is smiling on me...that's all.

Plus, 80% of the credit goes to my parents, mentors, professors...10% luck...and 10% my work.

You're doing awesome as well...future BRUIN :)

-Harps

This process has been a surprise for me as much as anyone else...considering that I am coming from what "BerkeleyPreMed" considers a low-rung UC.

Plus, 80% of the credit goes to my parents, mentors, professors...10% luck...and 10% my work.

-Harps

i have to agree with the same percentage breakdown. and cause i never gave up.

as a starter of one of those harvard threads, i do see how it could be annoying and interpreted as fishing for ego stroking or whatever but honestly, ive learned things about both schools im seriously considering that I wouldnt have otherwise and it's been helpful...anyhow, while they are rampant, i know some of em are genuninely looking for any input and not an ego stroke.

"Low-rung" UC, as in UC Santa Barabara, UC Santa Cruz, or something???

It's true that saying that you graduated from UC Berkeley sounds more pretigious than saying that you graduated from Cal State Middle of Nowhere...but after a while it comes down to how hard you work....

Damn!

-Harps

Agreed. Hence my "Your Place or Mine?" thread which seems to have spun out of control. :)

Originally posted by lyragrl
Agreed. Hence my "Your Place or Mine?" thread which seems to have spun out of control. :)

thats cause sdn agrees...lyra is good. ;)

Always the nice one, jlee is.

Originally posted by lyragrl
Always the nice one, jlee is.

He's just trying to coax you into coming over to HIS place....:laugh:

G'luck

-Harps

talking bout UCSB. most of the students do there is drink every night and go walk around. ive been down there many times to party. stayed at a girl friend's house. she had bottles of vodka displayed above her kitchen cabinets. the girls could outdrink me anyday and im a heavy weight. i dont know how anyone can study there...

-Harps

lol. I never stated that any UC was a "low-rung UC"...you might want to try to post a quote from me. I think the UC system as a whole is very strong and is probably the best public university system in the country. I think certain campuses are stronger than others academically (read that as a dig against your school...j/k...:) )...but I think you can get a GREAT education at any of the UC schools. And apparently, you did get a great education at your "low-rung UC" otherwise you wouldn't have all those interviews from those top 10 medical schools.

Whichever medical school you choose to attend, I wish you the best of luck. I also agree with you on the fact that a lot of the success of MD applicants is due to professors, mentors, and other people who helped in the process along the way. Well, congratulations on all of your interviews and acceptances (even if a few of them haven't arrived yet..but I'm sure they will). Take care man. :)

G'luck

-Harps

:D :D :D

G'luck

-Harps

JLee once told me how he would use the Totoro to attract girls that like cute stuff...If I were you, I'll beware of that!! :D

Originally posted by BerkeleyPremed
lol. I never stated that any UC was a "low-rung UC"...you might want to try to post a quote from me. I think the UC system as a whole is very strong and is probably the best public university system in the country. I think certain campuses are stronger than others academically (read that as a dig against your school...j/k...:) )...but I think you can get a GREAT education at any of the UC schools. And apparently, you did get a great education at your "low-rung UC" otherwise you wouldn't have all those interviews from those top 10 medical schools.

Whichever medical school you choose to attend, I wish you the best of luck. I also agree with you on the fact that a lot of the success of MD applicants is due to professors, mentors, and other people who helped in the process along the way. Well, congratulations on all of your interviews and acceptances (even if a few of them haven't arrived yet..but I'm sure they will). Take care man. :)

I stand corrected! You never posted that any UC was "low-rung", but certainly insinuated it over many posts :)
I am not holding it against you, bro.
You will certainly do extremely well in the application process. Good luck.

Lyragrl,
Beware of Jlee....he's a sly-one :D

-Harps