Apr 16, 2013
Traveling the globe
Status
Medical Student (Accepted)
Hi,
For people who are flying in to interviews and have luggage and other stuff (bc you checked out of your hotel room already) etc, where do you put your stuff? Does the admissions office have a place for you to put luggage or expect you not store it somewhere yourself?

Gibbward

2+ Year Member
Jan 11, 2015
Status
Medical Student
Hi,
For people who are flying in to interviews and have luggage and other stuff (bc you checked out of your hotel room already) etc, where do you put your stuff? Does the admissions office have a place for you to put luggage or expect you not store it somewhere yourself?
I dunno about schools since I haven't done any interviews yet but hotels could also hold on to your stuff even after you check out if that's more convenient for you.

mw18

5+ Year Member
Jan 7, 2014
Status
Medical Student
Every school I went to had a pretty secure room for things like this and for coats and stuff. Many people go straight to the airport after interviews. But, I would email ahead of time to make sure, because as Gibbward mentioned if they have limited room the hotel may be a better option.

Reactions: Crayola227

LizzyM

the evil queen of numbers
10+ Year Member
Mar 7, 2005
Status
Academic Administration
N =1 here but schools expect you to be traveling with an overnight bag and a safe place to stash will be available to you.

gonnif

Only 389 Days Until Next Presidential Election
Lifetime Donor
10+ Year Member
Jul 26, 2009
The Big Bad Apple
Status
Non-Student
additionally, most hotels will store bags for a day after you check out, usually for a small fee

Matthew9Thirtyfive

*breathes in* boi
2+ Year Member
Jan 11, 2016
Status
Medical Student
additionally, most hotels will store bags for a day after you check out, usually for a small fee
Another anecdote, but my wife and a friend of ours ran into an issue with that at an otherwise nice hotel, so it's not something to bank on. I'd call and make sure before you assume you can do that.