Strange Interview... No Interview Questions Asked!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

usermike8500

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I recently interviewed at a school in CA. I was prepared to answer all the standard questions (why medicine? Biggest healthcare problem? etc). Oddly enough, the interviewer didn't ask me any questions at all. She just talked about the school and about life as a doctor and then let me go 15 minutes early. I hardly even said anything during the interview.

Has anyone else had any interview experiences like this?

Members don't see this ad.

I recently interviewed at a school in CA. I was prepared to answer all the standard questions (why medicine? Biggest healthcare problem? etc). Oddly enough, the interviewer didn't ask me any questions at all. She just talked about the school and about life as a doctor and then let me go 15 minutes early. I hardly even said anything during the interview.

Has anyone else had any interview experiences like this?

I think they are trying to recruit you... Congrats!

I had an interviewer who started off with "so what do you want to talk about?" She barely asked me anything of substance and seemed like she didn't give two ****s about anything I had to say. End result: waitlisted.

I also had an interviewer who spent some time asking me if I knew about the ridiculous hours I'd be working and how I'd be paying hefty out-of-state tuition loans until I'm 40. I barely got in any answers besides "yes I know." End result: accepted.

Bottom line is you can't read too much into the kind of things your interviewer asks you. The only thing you can do now is put it behind you and prepare for any other interviews you might have.

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
I had this type of interview once. All I talked about was the area, traffic, where I should live, what his wife did for a living, how he decided to become a doctor, and how I decided to become a doctor.

I was worried that he did not get to know me well enough.

End result: Accepted!!!

I am going to second the fact that you cannot read too much into it.

One interview I had was very conversational, and the interviewer seemed very impressed with what Ive done. End result : Wait listed

At another school I wanted to get up and leave I thought the interview was so bad. Both interviewers seemed uninterested and bored, even somewhat mean. End result : Accepted

You cannot always read what an interviewer is thinking, and in addition there is more to the whole application process than what your interviewer has to say.

I've had one interview like that; it was pretty much as if the interviewer was operating under the assumption that I would be accepted.

Got accepted two weeks later.

I had a similar experience at Penn State. My 1st interviewer basically just asked,"So, what do you want to talk about?" and that led into conversation. My 2nd interviewer talked AT me almost the entire time...didn't get alot of words in. I'll let you know how that turns out!