strange MSSM email

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Josh1105

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
did anyone else receive this email?
I'm not too dissapointed since I have an acceptance somewhere I'd prefer, but I though this was kind of strange:

It is with regret that we must inform you that we will be refunding your
Supplemental Application fee. We were unable to review your application
in a timely manner. You are a highly competitive applicant and we have
no doubt that you will do well in your future career. If you decide to
re-apply next year, we will be happy to give your new application
special attention and waive the Supplemental Application fee.

Members don't see this ad.

weeeeiiiiird, that's somewhat ridiculous. "hey we didnt have time for your app somehow, sorry." i wonder if they lost your app and just found it or something.

damn... i want my money back too!! they just cashed my check and said "no"

Members don't see this ad :)
It's better than Mayo's. Theirs is, "Please send us $100 so we can process your application."

But it's more like, "Please send us money so we can toss your application without reading it."

that is awesome! i wish all schools did that. like i know for a fact there are schools that didn't read my app. they should just give me my money back. i hope mssm didn't get to mine...i'm runnin out of cash and don't have a chance there anyway

Josh1105 said:
I'm not too dissapointed since I have an acceptance somewhere I'd prefer, but I though this was kind of strange:

Thanks for posting that email. I appreciated it because I had a feeling that some of the schools hadn't even reviewed my application. One school in particular said they recevied 7,000+ applications. They kept saying I was still under review (even a day before my rejection), and their online status changed 3 hours before I received a letter in the mail. I had doubts that a school could do such a thing. This confirms by suspicions and shows that it is possible. That was very honest of MSSM to refund your tuition, though.

I wish other schools would follow their lead.

Good Luck and congratulations on your other acceptance/s.

Josh1105 said:

Josh1105, When were you complete at MSSM? Thanks!

charles82 said:
Josh1105, When were you complete at MSSM? Thanks!

I took the August MCAT and was complete after they received and acknowledged my scores. I don't remember exactly, but I want to say beginning of November.

wow, i'm amazed in 2 ways:
1. that MSSM was kind enough to return your money (damn i think even higher of this school now!)
2. that you were complete at the school before i was (i was complete in december and had my interview in february) and did not get a full review??

did you answer the optional question in your secondary?

just makes this whole process seem so...random. :confused:

Josh1105 said:
I took the August MCAT and was complete after they received and acknowledged my scores. I don't remember exactly, but I want to say beginning of November.

Thanks Josh, I'm even more amazed that I was complete AFTER you and received no refund (no interview, no communication whatsoever, except for acknowledgement of my payment)...interesting.

Just curious, has anyone else out there received a refund or felt that a school never reviewed their application?

Maybe I should create a new thread for this in case not enough people read this...

Thanks everyone!

Hmmm... I applied very late to MSSM and heard NOTHING as of yet. Perhaps I will get a refund also :). Mine was complete middle of November!!!

I received the same email...August MCATer...complete once they received my score (sometime in November)...although it is nice that they are being honest and refunding our money, I would have liked the chance to interview :thumbdown: