beaverfetus

poo-tee-weet?
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Jul 6, 2006
www.mdapplicants.com
Status
Medical Student
I got some apologetic email from the admissions dept. saying they are upgrading their application server and that my AMCAS app is stored safely. Strange thing is, my amcas app is still allegedly in line for review. Any other pre-amcas verfication folks get that thing?

CopperStripes

10+ Year Member
Dec 2, 2005
Status
Attending Physician
Yes, I got the email. The schools get basic info about their applications when AMCAS is submitted (name, contact info), and then they get transcripts, PS, activities, etc after the application is verified.

TIGIBedHead

Fever to Tell
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Jul 21, 2005
erewhon
Status
Yea, I got the same e-mail and I'm still not verified. There's a thread for secondaries received prior to AMCAS verification. Some other schools have sent out secondaries as well to non-verified applicants.

http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showthread.php?t=297493

Add schools here if you receive others before you are verified. It might help out the bunches of us who are in line for review.

tangledupinblue

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
May 10, 2005
Status
I've been submitted since 6/21 and was verified a couple of hours ago. I just got this email too.

NotAnMD

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Dec 11, 2005
New England
Status
Pre-Medical
beaverfetus said:
I got some apologetic email from the admissions dept. saying they are upgrading their application server and that my AMCAS app is stored safely. Strange thing is, my amcas app is still allegedly in line for review. Any other pre-amcas verfication folks get that thing?
BeaverFetus, best SDN profile name ever. I just laughed out loud at work.

TSK

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
May 25, 2006
Status
Medical Student
I got that the same email from BU. I submitted my AMCAS on 7/3 and it has yet to verified. This isn't that strange as George Washington and University of Chicago send links to their secondaries after having indicating that you're applying to the school on AMCAS. Verification isn't necessary. They don't prescreen anyways.

beaverfetus said: