• Set Yourself Up For Success Webinar

October 6, 2021 at 2 PM Eastern/11 AM Pacific
    SDN and Osmosis are teaming up to help you get set up for success this school year! We'll be covering study tips, healthy habits, and meeting mentors.

Register Now!

• Funniest Story on the Job Contest Starts Now!

Contest starts now and ends September 27th. Winner will receive a special user banner and $10 Amazon Gift card!

JOIN NOW
  • Site Updates Coming Next Week

Site updates are coming next week on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday. Click the button below to learn more!

LEARN MORE

strange reaction.

musiclink213

My room is a mess
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Oct 20, 2003
New York
  1. Medical Student
Does anyone know anything about the cannizaro reaction? We had to do one in lab, only we never covered the reaction in lecture, and it's not in the textbook, and lucky me, i get to write a discussion on it without knowing anything about it.

all i know is i had a (please don't laugh at my pathetic attempts of nomenclature) chlorobenzoaldehyde? chlorobenzene carboxylic acid? it's CH=O with a chlorobenzene group attached to the C. and it underwent a cannizaro reaction and i got 2 products. i have to say what the two products are, but i do not know a thing about this cannizaro reaction, unless it's a regular reaction that just has a fancy name.

About the Ads

cather

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jul 13, 2002
You can also look up this stuff on yahoo and try to get lecture notes on it. When I have a hard time learning something, I will search for it on yahoo and try to get other lecture notes on the topic.

musiclink213

My room is a mess
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Oct 20, 2003
New York
  1. Medical Student
Originally posted by cather
You can also look up this stuff on yahoo and try to get lecture notes on it. When I have a hard time learning something, I will search for it on yahoo and try to get other lecture notes on the topic.

i tried that, but all got was syllabi from different schools, nothing really useful.

About the Ads
This thread is more than 17 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.