Strange situation need advice, esp from LizzyM and REL

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Apparition

1K Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
So I applied this year and ended up on 3 waitlists. I'm sure that my MCAT was the weakest part of my application. So I retook the test this past April and just received a score 5 points higher. I hate the idea of reapplying though. Can my improved MCAT help me get off the waitlists this year?
I know many schools rank you after the interview and ask not to submit any additional info once they made a post-interview decision. How can I inform the schools/release my new score to them? Should I e-mail the Dean of Admissions or try to set up an appointment?

Thanks for any advice!

Members don't see this ad.

Apparition said:
So I applied this year and ended up on 3 waitlists. I'm sure that my MCAT was the weakest part of my application. So I retook the test this past April and just received a score 5 points higher. I hate the idea of reapplying though. Can my improved MCAT help me get off the waitlists this year?
I know many schools rank you after the interview and ask not to submit any additional info once they made a post-interview decision. How can I inform the schools/release my new score to them? Should I e-mail the Dean of Admissions or try to set up an appointment?

Thanks for any advice!

That's a good question. I would let them know immediately. Fax them all an official MCAT score report. It can only help, and certainly won't hurt.

Packamylase said:
That's a good question. I would let them know immediately. Fax them all an official MCAT score report. It can only help, and certainly won't hurt.
yea, I agree

what schools and what's your stats?

Members don't see this ad :)
Contact the schools in question and ask if they'd like to see the new, official scores. If nothing else, it lets the schools know that you are still interested.

Agree with Lizzy. It probably depends more on how closely a school adheres to their wait list and how flexible their established rules are. They may be willing to accept one who shows interest and has a higher score.