Dismiss Notice
Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Stray Marks on the MCAT

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by DZT, Apr 17, 2002.

1. DZT

DZT Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

Hey y'all, I'm taking my MCATs this Saturday, and generally on practice exams, I lightly circle on the bubble sheet whatever problems i find difficult. When Kaplan scans my practice exams, they erase all of the circles, but is this done on the AAMC tests. Do they expect you to do that before finishing the test? Do they do it themselves? Please enlighten me.

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. Coalboy

Coalboy Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    I don't know, but I wouldn't risk it if I were you. It's not worth messing up your score.

4. Mylaina

Mylaina Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

nb81--

Traditionally, what I do is circle the number of the question in the booklet and then I mark the bottoms of pages that I want to come back to.

I wouldn't risk marking up the MCAT paper-- even if you happened to have extra time at the end to erase, that's a chance you'd be taking.

Best of luck!! The first step is almost over! :-D

Mylaina

5. moo

moo 1K Member
    10+ Year Member

One more thing, do NOT do what TPR (and probably Kaplan) tells you to do, that is, "speed bubble." I tried this on the VR section, and i realized with six minutes to go, and on the last passage that I misbubbled and all my answers were off by one. I wasted about three minutes finding my mistake (which was at 36 or something), changing everything, and trying to read/skim the last passage.