Strengths/Weaknesses of the MSK fellowships in Texas?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

RadRes88

Reaction score
Currently finishing up R2 year in a CA program. Pretty sure im gonna apply for MSK fellowships. Have pretty good understanding of the different MSK programs in CA due to proximity.
My wife and I think that TX would also be a place we wouldnt mind settling down in after training. Wondering if anyone can comment on the strengths/weaknesses of the MSK fellowship programs in texas?
Thanks for the input!

Members don't see this ad.

If I were you, I would stay in California. There is no good reason to move to TX. Believe it or not, the radiology market is better in Cali compared to big cities in TX.

on another note, how do you find out what programs are good for what fellowships? is it just word of mouth?

Members don't see this ad :)
If I were you, I would stay in California. There is no good reason to move to TX. Believe it or not, the radiology market is better in Cali compared to big cities in TX.

Houston is almost entirely corporate at this point outside of UT Physicians and MD Anderson. I believe Methodist may still be private although I can't confirm. Baylor has some sort of relationship with Rad Partners.

OP asks for MSK fellowship opinions. OP gets opinions on Texas and Cali and no help. Classic.

FYI UCSD previously had as many as 12-14 fellowship spots per year which were mostly minimally funded (i.e. you moonlight or live off savings/parents/spouse to survive). The program recently switched to around half that many spots which are now funded.