RadRes88

May 30, 2020
Status (Visible)
  1. Resident [Any Field]
Currently finishing up R2 year in a CA program. Pretty sure im gonna apply for MSK fellowships. Have pretty good understanding of the different MSK programs in CA due to proximity.
My wife and I think that TX would also be a place we wouldnt mind settling down in after training. Wondering if anyone can comment on the strengths/weaknesses of the MSK fellowship programs in texas?
Thanks for the input!

Tiger100

2+ Year Member
Mar 11, 2017
Status (Visible)
  1. Attending Physician
If I were you, I would stay in California. There is no good reason to move to TX. Believe it or not, the radiology market is better in Cali compared to big cities in TX.

subtlepenguin

7+ Year Member
Jun 26, 2012
Status (Visible)
Currently finishing up R2 year in a CA program. Pretty sure im gonna apply for MSK fellowships. Have pretty good understanding of the different MSK programs in CA due to proximity.
My wife and I think that TX would also be a place we wouldnt mind settling down in after training. Wondering if anyone can comment on the strengths/weaknesses of the MSK fellowship programs in texas?
Thanks for the input!

Could you talk about MSK programs in CA? I'm a CA native going to east coast for residency and hoping to return for fellowship

About the Ads

Undercover_Brother

2+ Year Member
Apr 16, 2016
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Medical
on another note, how do you find out what programs are good for what fellowships? is it just word of mouth?

qwerty89

10+ Year Member
Jun 7, 2010
Status (Visible)
  1. Resident [Any Field]
If I were you, I would stay in California. There is no good reason to move to TX. Believe it or not, the radiology market is better in Cali compared to big cities in TX.

Houston is almost entirely corporate at this point outside of UT Physicians and MD Anderson. I believe Methodist may still be private although I can't confirm. Baylor has some sort of relationship with Rad Partners.

D

deleted564680

OP asks for MSK fellowship opinions. OP gets opinions on Texas and Cali and no help. Classic.

qwerty89

10+ Year Member
Jun 7, 2010
Status (Visible)
  1. Resident [Any Field]
FYI UCSD previously had as many as 12-14 fellowship spots per year which were mostly minimally funded (i.e. you moonlight or live off savings/parents/spouse to survive). The program recently switched to around half that many spots which are now funded.

About the Ads
This thread is more than 1 year old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.