Stress Trolls and MCAT: A correlation study.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DieselPetrolGrl

twisterChamp&so much more
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have taken today off after my full length to help recruit any info of MCAT stress and the rise in stress-trolls?. these are people who although performing adequately enjoy posting their fictional woes to draft sympathy and attention. Feeding them MUST be persistent yet yield no compliance or change in motive or attitude.
Can anyone help me recruit a sample size? Thank you.

Members don't see this ad.

you better not be referring to me...i am not looking for any sympathy or attention, just advice and support. anyone who isn't stressed is lying or a genius.

and good luck on your orgo final on thursday

I'm not all that stressed yet.. I've been worried that I was going to have a panic attack going into the final weeks of preparation, or worse yet, have a panic attack at the actual MCAT (or the evening before). But thanks to Kaplan FL4, I had a mild panic attack during the PS where thoughts of doubt started to creep into my mind and really distracting my concentration.. so hopefully its out of my system..

Members don't see this ad :)
god dont take this personally
* hug for psycho... ochem is the DEVIL!*
i was just stressed out and looking for some fun last night..i surveyed 20+ pre meds at the library and got a smile from 15 and a evil glare from 3 and almost a beat down from these 2 chicks i know from undergrad :) ...library was jumping with mcat-sparks till they shut it down at 10pm...i almost had a significant result...publications here i come!

oh i tried to eat FL4...FL 4 is the reason i had to take the day off and run around bugging pre meds and scanning library books for fun :( that test was EVIL..almost as evil as this final comming up..i keep checking kaptest.com bc i am too lazy to input my answers ..POST MY SCORE NOW PLEASE KAPLAN!

DieselPetrolGrl said:
i was just stressed out and looking for some fun last night..i surveyed 20+ pre meds at the library and got a smile from 15 and a evil glare from 3 and almost a beat down from these 2 chicks i know from undergrad :) ...library was jumping with mcat-sparks till they shut it down at 10pm...i almost had a significant result...publications here i come!

Wow there's actually an MCAT study place with 20+ premeds? I bet you could walk in and feel the stress. It felt like I was the only one studying for the April administration, people were busy doing other stuff.

ifailedmcat said:
Wow there's actually an MCAT study place with 20+ premeds? I bet you could walk in and feel the stress. It felt like I was the only one studying for the April administration, people were busy doing other stuff.
try UM library and kaplan&PR just across the street..every study room has a kaplan or PR book...each lounge's wiite-boards are scribbled with lists and formulas...is like hell..and a prime sample ground for my study!

DieselPetrolGrl said:

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

haha actually i found it very funny as well as your survey in the library. what exactly did you ask them? i only know a couple of students here taking the MCAT and it's pretty intense, you can cut the energy level with a knife.

and yes orgo is wicked!

sorry your final is in a couple days :love: :love:

I asked them what they were doing?.a few ignored me at 1st..till..I FLASHED MY KAPLAN ID..u know that little plastic piece of paper thingy
Then I drilled them on their stress, their schedules, their life as a whole..while they were complaining I cut in with a story on my dog?reactions ere quantified as follows
a) angry that I interjected their all important MCAT-life (+3)
b) ignoring me and keep talking apparently caught up in stress and feverish venting (+5)
c) smiling / comments (nice)?(0)
d) ignoring me and putting the earplugs back in (+1)

I had 2-3 such moments with each person..anyone who tried to hit me or gained more than 10 points is going to get my typed test to take?upon which I shall conduct the study.
That was just the screening?.

Psycho :
Btw how are u studying for ochem?I am having a crazy time with mechanisms for this final ?do u have any tips/ guides for them ..especially mechanisms that deal with carbonyl or breaking and reforming rings..need more help with reforming ring mechanisms bah!

DieselPetrolGrl:

LOL, you're very funny and i know i'm stupid not to realize if this actually took place or not. ;)

why couldn't i find this post last night to respond to it? I mean i saw it initially but didn't have time to respond, then i couldn't find it again later on...

and sorry i don't have any ingenius methodology for studying organic chem. i've always had flash cards with all the reactions, mechanisms, etc on them. basically i just keep reviewing them (since it's a summer course i go thru them pretty much everyday) and doing any problems. it's worked before so i'm hoping it works for the final and the MCAT. it's just so much memorization, i can't stand it. How about you, what do you do?

i am drawing them on construction paper
i bought a pack of pinks and made them carbonyl groups ..all them dirty aldehydes, ketones, cooh's,derivatives
and i am using purple for alcohols and aromatic, aliphatics
orange and green are saved for being UM colours and all the other colours are kindof ugly ( plus the blues/browns/blacks are too dark to write on)

but i work by visulization so i make "compound road maps" and then trace myself through them out loud
i also like molecular models but mine were confiscated when i dubbed myself the "chair cyclohexane queen " and rode the bus waving to the frat houses...my bestfriend confiscated them for my safety

LOL you sound like a fun girl to study with :p I'll be right over and we can tackle this together

i'm seriously asking for time off next week from both my volunteer jobs, maybe this weekend too.

tackle what?
baby its been tackled ;) ..going to kill them bad aromatics and aliphatics today...i am quitting work progressively ..i tutor athletes so i am like " stop studying go play outside..thats a good boy!" and hang up.....they only like to call me to prove newtons laws anyways..i feel like a monkey trying to show the table pushing back on me

either way after thursdays its time to take aamc tests and begin the pre 14th de-stress and sleep-up time

DieselPetrolGrl said:
tackle what?
baby its been tackled ;) ..going to kill them bad aromatics and aliphatics today...

yay!! :clap: :clap: good for you!

but wait.....so that means you're turning me down??? :(

DieselPetrolGrl said:
i am quitting work progressively ..i tutor athletes so i am like " stop studying go play outside..thats a good boy!" and hang up.....they only like to call me to prove newtons laws anyways..i feel like a monkey trying to show the table pushing back on me

how old are the kids you tutor?

DieselPetrolGrl said:
either way after thursdays its time to take aamc tests and begin the pre 14th de-stress and sleep-up time

sounds like a novel idea, unfortunately i can't really do that until after next Tuesday

college athlets - football players, basketball, soccer, and tennis so far
Miami Hurricanes
its a FUN job
i am out for the day - i gtg to school and hit up the orgo textbook and do some voulenteer deeds - study ochem and think of me! :)

DieselPetrolGrl said:
college athlets - football players, basketball, soccer, and tennis so far
Miami Hurricanes
its a FUN job

coool, but you better look out for them :p

DieselPetrolGrl said:
i am out for the day - i gtg to school and hit up the orgo textbook and do some voulenteer deeds

i'm in between classes now, but i can get thru some review in between, so i'm out too...good luck!!

DieselPetrolGrl said:
- study ochem and think of me! :)

of course :love: