Stressed on AMCAS

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

RizKhan

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I know this is nota new topic on this board, unfortunately it is all but oo common.
My problem is that the AMCAS wont let me create a username, and keeps gicing the error message"Potential Duplicate Account"
I have tried contacting AMCAs...no word yet
and so i cant even begin my applictaion process.....this is very frustrating
has anyone else received an error message like this?
I applied through AMCAS last year on their disk system and maybe they still have me on file or soemthing but its utterly ridiculous

riz khan

Members don't see this ad.

Yes, you probably reg'd twice. This happened to me and I had to call them (202-828-0600) and they had to fix it. It's the only way.

Well that's a new problem anyway. You're doing the right thing--just keep calling them and let them know about the problem. It could be (probably is another bug in the app) but are you sure you're using the right browser? A while back it wouldn't let me log into the app until I upgraded my browser. There is info about this on the AMCAS web site by the way. Anyway keep calling-- You don't get much of a response with email. Don't give up!

Members don't see this ad :)
Wait--had another idea. Maybe someone else has the username you're trying to use, thus the duplicate account. After all there are a lot of people using the application. Try a different username, something unique.

I agree with above - try a different username - something unique. I am a reapplicant and didn't have a problem in giving myself a username or submitting for that matter. I think I may have used the same username as last year. If you call or E-mail them, who knows if you'll get a response.....