Stressed out M1???

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

benkev68

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
if you are, go spend a day in your local public ER . . . it will remind ya what is really doin

Members don't see this ad.

you know its funny. I actually hate when they force us to go to the hospital these days, because I know none of it will be on the test and that is all I care about right now :). I used to think preclinical exposure was essential, but its really useless if you don't know anything. I guess if you wanted to go on your holiday breaks it would be ok, but I wouldn't even think about it during school time.

you know its funny. I actually hate when they force us to go to the hospital these days, because I know none of it will be on the test and that is all I care about right now :). I used to think preclinical exposure was essential, but its really useless if you don't know anything. I guess if you wanted to go on your holiday breaks it would be ok, but I wouldn't even think about it during school time.

Yeah, I was basically annoyed any time I had to go to do clinical stuff IF it was right before exams because it took time away from studying.
Sometimes, it was after exams, then it was fun, especially towards the end of M2 year. Then I could be like, "Oh, I've heard of this condition."

At Christmas of M1 year, I went and shadowed my dad and his partner because I was bored. I still wasn't allowed to touch anything. If I were to do that this year, I still wouldn't be allowed to touch anything. So now I don't, even though I'd like to because I get bored at home, but after scrubbing in and doing stuff in surgery, it'd drive me nuts to stand in the corner watching.