Stressing out like crazyyy help me

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

crestwhite

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I really don't know what to do anymore.. I think my gpa for this smester will be 3.0 i don't know if this will hindering further acceptance to anywhere else.. im waiting to here back from michigan after being interviewed there ..

other schools that hadn't gotten back to me was umdnj, pitts, and tuft..my parents are giving me a hard time because I just got accepted to only BU what are my chances with that fall gpa! :(

Members don't see this ad.

I really don't know what to do anymore.. I think my gpa for this smester will be 3.0 i don't know if this will hindering further acceptance to anywhere else.. im waiting to here back from michigan after being interviewed there ..

other schools that hadn't gotten back to me was umdnj, pitts, and tuft..my parents are giving me a hard time because I just got accepted to only BU what are my chances with that fall gpa! :(

I dont' think a 3.0 GPA is bad. its a B average and most schools just want you to do better than a C in prerequ classes and I dont think you did worse than that in any class this Fall, right? And at least you got into one school. you shoudl be grateful.

The fact of the matter is that, although your Fall academic update will be available via AADSAS to admissions people, the printed version won't go out for weeks. Additionally, they cannot recalculate your AADSAS GPAs until your transcripts come in and they've looked them over at AADSAS.

So, there is some space to let this slide. Obviously, closer to the time that schools close admissions, all your schools will have received your academic update and will have your updated AADSAS GPA... at which point, you will likely have a slightly lesser chance. But your overall GPAs are good, so I don't see how this'll be too much of an issue.

Members don't see this ad :)
dont' most schools wait on the AADSAS update anyways before they decide on post-dec. acceptance? :(

honestly what are my chances in tufts, pitt, and umdnj with that fall gpa?

Also I have already completed all my pre-reqs.. my fall course consisted of extra upper level biology course just to help prepare for D1, but im getting a B in them ;[

Also I have already completed all my pre-reqs.. my fall course consisted of extra upper level biology course just to help prepare for D1, but im getting a B in them ;[

B's are fine, just try to avoid getting C's. You want to make sure that the post-acceptance grades don't bite you in the future.

you got a cumulative of 3.6 and you got a 3.0? what happened

;[ missing classes from interview and personal reasons sigh... and i guess i thought i can handle two intense bio course at the same time = bad idea

I think you'll be OK since you have 3.6 after 3 years of studying and only 3.0 for one semester ... so average won't be like 3.3 , it'll be closer to 3.5 which is not bad at all. IMO schools look at cumulative GPA.
Good luck.

You should be a little happier about your BU acceptance! At this point in the game there are still many qualified candidates who don't have any acceptances at all. Be thankful for and happy about having one :)

My guess on UMDNJ in your case -- take into account that you are an out of stater who hasn't gotten an interview invite yet. I don't think it's likely that you will. As per doc toothache's thread here, they only gave out 55 interviews to out of staters for the last reported cycle.

I don't know enough about the other programs you asked about to speculate on them.

GL with the rest of the cycle.