Strong VR = Poor BS?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

nyc5614

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Has anyone else had this issue? I have sailed through all VR portions of AAMC's, but I'm beginning to think that what makes me strong in VR is what kills me in BS. It seems like I'm reading too much into the questions on BS so that I'm talking myself out of correct answers, and this has been consistently reflected in my breakdown of problems by difficulty; I have scored (literally) perfectly on the 'hard' questions in BS on the last two AAMC's (3 and 9) and also on Kaplan FL 9, while sometimes missing HALF of the 'easy' and/or 'moderate' difficulty questions.

If anyone has any advice, please let me know. I've been trying to do additional passages for practice to get the 'feel' of the BS section, but I'm running out of time - I had planned to reschedule until the 22nd of May but when I tried to reschedule a couple of weeks ago, I couldn't find any seats except for in Puerto Rico, so I'm taking it on Saturday.... (I didn't realize that they all free up exactly 14 days, 0 hours, and 0 minutes before the date of the impending MCAT. Lessons learned! :mad:)

Members don't see this ad.