Structured treatment for substance abuse

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
D

deleted106747

Can anyone recommend their best choice of structured treatment/workbook for substance abuse? I have a few on hand but am not thrilled with them & I think they're out of date as I am just now starting in treating some SA again. Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Check out Glasner-Edwards' Addiction Recovery Skills Workbook.

Thanks everyone. A combo of DBT plus recovery skills sounds perfect. Much appreciated.

More info on the population would help. As well as setting. Inpatient, outpatient, residential, etc? Are these harm reduction or abstinence based folks? How severe is their current use?

In general, Seeking Safety is good. DBT skills. Mindfullness Based Relapse Prevention. The Treatments that Work Series through Oxford Press has some manuals, but I haven't used them yet. Honestly, I haven't found manualized treatment particularly helpful with this work (aside from seeking safety).

I'm hesitant to discuss population because it's specialized & I don't want to out myself on here, but mainly was looking for something to add a skill building component with SA to the therapy. Seeking Safety I'm familiar with from the past so I will likely go with that and appreciate the recommendation as it has been awhile since I've worked with this concern. Many thanks.

I have some manuals that I got from supervisors and other postdocs that were from free resources through SAMSA and other funded agencies. DM me if you want me to email them to you. I think I have one for adults; others are for adolescents.