Medical Struggle to get shadowing - what should I do?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Goro

Lifetime Donor
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
After my experiences (multiple family health problems), I decided that I wanted to attend medical school at the end of last year. Therefore, I applied via application at a major hospital to shadow physicians. Unfortunately, flu restrictions were put in place that prevented any showing for now. I have my volunteering at the hospital this semester. In addition, I also am preparing for the MCAT this semester and will be graduating. Furthermore, I volunteer on my campus at a food pantry. I am hoping to apply this application cycle if everything goes well and I get all my hours in. Also, I have already done a year and a half of research (including summers) about 20 hours a week and published 3 papers with my team. To give you more about me, I am a math major and receiving a minor in chemistry. I also currently have a 3.95 science GPA and 3.96 cumulative GPA. I am very driven to go to medical school, but I am getting anxious because I am now having trouble finding shadowing due to flu season. Any suggestions on where I can find other shadowing opportunities or any advice on what I should do. Thanks.
Talk to your family doctor. Reach out to clinics. IF you have done any clinical volunteering in the past that's not at the hospital, network with clinicians you met there.

Members don't see this ad.

Status
Not open for further replies.