Struggling in School - Drop out and assist?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

velocicaur

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey,

This fall I'm going to start my 6th year in undergrad. I've been going on and off the whole time, a few good semesters, then a failure...rinse and repeat. This is slowly killing my GPA and I really need some strong consecutive semesters to show that I can handle it. Even though summer break has just started, I'm already dreading this coming fall. :scared: There is a local dental assisting program that is fairly short and inexpensive. I'm thinking about giving the program a go. It would be nice to learn about the profession and get some real experience. After it is finished, (hopefully)I could land a job for two years or so, and then hit the books hard and continue on with my education.

Has anyone done something like this? Anyone have an opinions?

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Just pull it together and raise your gpa.

Well how bad is a bad GPA here, if it is only semi mediocre and u are almost ready to apply, then just apply and give it a whirl, u never know.
but if you want to make up some money and get to be able to talk to dentists like everyday and tell the addmissions board you got to hole the HVE and the curing light then go for it :)
I've been debating it. I need to decide if it is worth it to take the year out and continue school at a slower pace. Im leaning towards it actually cause im accepted into a program already so.... matter of putting down the deposit. (which thankfully is so much cheaper than ubc)

Maybe there's something going on in your life that you didn't mention that lead to the failures... but since you didn't mention them, I'll be blind to that possibility and say "Why the failures???" Why?
Pull it together... you do want this, right?

Not going to say yes or no to your thoughts on the program... but whatever you choose to do, goodluck.