Struggling with Study Plan + Best practice?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

thekabob

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I’ve been a long time lurker of SDN but just started studying full time 6-8 hours per day with 1-2 days off a week) for this beast about a month ago (testing 09/01/18). Focused only on content review for the first 3 or so weeks and been using TPR online practice passages for the past week.

I’ve been following all the recommended stuff (i.e. premed95 anki, 100 page P/S, saving AAMC until a month out etc) but I’m struggling to come up with a solid plan for these next two months.

I was thinking about using the TPR practice materials for about another week and then switching over to UWORLD passages. I’ve been using Jack Westin for CARS. Also considering using KA for practice because honestly TPR really sucks lol. Any other practice suggestions for CARS?

Took TPR MCAT Test 1 on 06/16/18 and scored 505 (125/126/127/127). Any thoughts on this exam? I know general consensus is that it’s very difficult and content focused. I plan on reviewing in detail today/tomorrow. I find myself constantly discrediting TPR and telling myself the real test isn't going to be like this.

Any suggestions on what else to work on? Should I be doing pure practice or sprinkling a couple of content days? Aiming for 520+. Any advice is appreciated (especially for high scorers). Feeling kinda stressed out. Good luck to everyone!

Members don't see this ad.