stuck at a score

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

doubledigits

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi,
I fdound it relatively easy to go from about a 6 to a 10 but i am finding it impossible to get even a point above the 10. Any advice would bee greatly appreciated.

Members don't see this ad.

You are right - it is a lot easier to improve from a 6 to a 10 than a 10 to a 12 in the sciences (at least that was the case for me). I think it comes down to a deeper understanding of the material - not just knowing which formula to use.

doubledigits -

Could I ask for more information , how are you studying now? are you going over your tests and figuring out why you get stuff wrong? Since you are scoering well, you probably need to just practice practice practice.

btw, it's great that you are 10 right now, you still have plenty of time t
o go up.

-bon

Thanks for your replies. Missbonnie, I am doing quite a few practice tests and going over those i got wrong and a few of them turn out to be silly mistakes but then others i just dont get. I see you scored pretty high, what did you do to help. Thanks again.

HEy-

I had a alot of silly mistakes on my practice exams, so I made a conscious effort on subsequent exams to prevent those. Silly mistakes will happen, but you can definately bring that to a minimun. As for the ones you don't get ..get help! If you are doing aamc tests, get the solutions manual. Also, on the examkrackers website there is a forum for aamc test questions and you can also post yourself on stuff you got wrong and don't understand. My friend had the solutions manual so I used that.

I think it is most important to master the science first before practicing like crazy. So focus on getting the science down cold.

-b