Stuck on MCAT CARS Passage

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

iamgroot2

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi,

So, Jack Westin recently posted a CARS passage titled on the website, Averroes (link to article in the name). This CARS passage I found very difficult. Could anyone breakdown how they would attack the passage, their takeaways from each paragraph, and the main point? For those that did the passage, if you mapped each paragraph, what did you write down? If you highlighted anything, where did you highlight? Did you stay within 10 minutes to complete the passage and what were some of your strategies? Any pointers on how to get to the main point in this passage and points of each paragraph?

Members don't see this ad.

Jack Westin and AAMC logic are worlds apart. Wouldn't recommend him unless you think it truly is helping, doing his passages and transitioning to AAMC seemed to hurt my CARS score temporarily.

In short, move on. He's not writing your exam.

Great to use 3rd party sources, including JW, to get a feel for pace and whether you read too slowly, spends too much time on questions, etc., but I'd not earnestly review your answer choices to see if your logic coincides with his.

Read my CARS tips linked in my signature. That's how I would attack this passage. Don't worry about 3rd party questions. Just focus on establishing the main idea quickly and linking everything back to that main idea.

In a loose sense, the main idea is about Averroes and his works, focusing on the relation between religion and philosophy.