SDN members see fewer ads and full resolution images. Join our non-profit community!

Stuck on U of Chicago Secondary..Help!

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by shpate, Jul 30, 2002.

1. shpate

shpate Member 7+ Year Member

Jul 27, 2002
    Chicago & Washington DC
    Ok I'm totally boggled as what to put as an answer to that last question about values, beliefs and influences. Anyone got any suggestions as to how I should start this? Thanks

Here's the question:
    Most individuals live by a system of values and beliefs which serve as a guiding principle for daily living. What influences have been particularly important to you? Please describe both values and influences. (Limit 2400 characters, including spaces.)

2. SDN Members don't see this ad. About the ads.
  3. Spiderman [RNA Ladder 2003]

Spiderman [RNA Ladder 2003] Platinum Member 7+ Year Member

Apr 8, 2002
    Values and believes ..... this reminds last years GWU secondary or what I have been told.

4. Cydney Foote

Cydney Foote Senior Member 7+ Year Member

Jun 6, 2002
    Los Angeles, CA
    This is a tough question that requires some introspection to write well. The admissions committee wants to see that you're able to think critically about the world around you. The topics are very open -- you can write about anything that you consider important. Some brainstorming ideas:

* Complete the sentence: "I just wouldn't be me if it weren't for..." Then write about a person, place, or experience that has been crucial in making you who you are.

* Think about an idea that really excites or puzzles you -- something you turn over in your mind again and again. You coudl then write about a situatino where this idea came up and you realized how important it was.

* Make a list of the personal experiences that have had the most meaning for you: travel, people, national or world events, obstacles or difficulties you overcame, books or classes that shaped your ideas. Then write about why you consider these things important (when you realized their importance, what have you learned from them, etc.).

I hope this helps you get started. Good luck!

5. WaitingImpatiently

WaitingImpatiently Long Member 7+ Year Member

Jan 29, 2002
    Sounds like a really personal question to me, not exactly the type that others can help you with.

6. shpate

shpate Member 7+ Year Member

Jul 27, 2002
    Chicago & Washington DC
    It is a very personal question I agree. I was just expressing my frustration. Oh and thanks Cydney you got some of those mental juices flowing for me.