Stuck

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

caveman721

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
A duck has a mass of 2.5 kg. As the duck paddles, a force of 0.10 N acts on it in a direction due east. In addition, the current of the water exerts a force of .20 N in a direction of 52 degrees south of east. When these forces begin to act, the velocity of the duck is .11 m/s in a direction due east. Find the magnitude and direction (relative to due east) of the displacement that duck undergoes in 3.0 s while the forces are acting.

Please show me the process to get to the answer.

Members don't see this ad.

A duck has a mass of 2.5 kg. As the duck paddles, a force of 0.10 N acts on it in a direction due east. In addition, the current of the water exerts a force of .20 N in a direction of 52 degrees south of east. When these forces begin to act, the velocity of the duck is .11 m/s in a direction due east. Find the magnitude and direction (relative to due east) of the displacement that duck undergoes in 3.0 s while the forces are acting.

Sorry for circumventing your question, but where are you getting these? They don't seem like any realistic MCAT questions I've seen.

These questions you're asking aren't really that difficult if you attempted to learn the material. It seems like you're just trying to get someone to do your homework. Perhaps you should at least explain what you know or how you tried to solve it so that someone else could better assist you.

These questions you're asking aren't really that difficult if you attempted to learn the material. It seems like you're just trying to get someone to do your homework. Perhaps you should at least explain what you know or how you tried to solve it so that someone else could better assist you.

Oh not at all this is an old problem from my physics books from undergrad. I am going back to basics. I am reviewing, and I am doing something wrong with this one.

Status
Not open for further replies.