Student body at Meharry, Howard, Morehouse

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
E

epr1

I was just wondering what the student body breakdown is at these schools.
I'm eastern asian myself and was thinking about applying. Thanks in advance for the help!

Members don't see this ad.

All three schools you listed are traditionaly black. Even though the admission numbers are the lowest of all medical schools, you will not get in unless you are a URM or can show significant interest in helping a URM group.

All three schools you listed are traditionaly black. Even though the admission numbers are the lowest of all medical schools, you will not get in unless you are a URM or can show significant interest in helping a URM group.

Wrong! The admissions numbers aren't the lowest of all medical schools. Of the LCME-accredited schools, the schools with the lowest numbers are the ones in PR. Although, agreed the schools in question are all traditionally black but one can still be accepted as a non-URM if one's interests and ECs/activities fit with the schools' missions. And approx 25% of the student pop. in these schools are non-black (don't quite me on that one though as I don't have the exact figures).

The numbers:

Meharry:
93 matriculants: 6 asians, 79 black, 8 white, 3 hispanic

Howard:
118 matriculants: 15 asians, 81 black, 9 whites, 4 hispanic

Morehouse:
53 matriculants: 8 asian, 35 black, 9 white, 3 hispanic

Those are the numbers. My advice? Don't bother applying. Unless you've specifically helped the underserved population, you will not fit their mission statement and they will flat-out rejected you.

Info is from the 2008-2009 MSAR. Can be removed if necessary.