Student Consult-Print Version (Chapter! not just section) Where Have You Gone?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

cl6315

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I've been using student consult a lot to view my texts and recently the option to use print version for an entire chapter is gone. Now all I can do to read the chapters is by clicking section to section (kill me). I have a feeling this has something to do the new paperless option implementation on the site. I tried emailing customer service and received an idiotic reply asking me if I was able to use the scroll bar next to the text. Help me please.

Members don't see this ad.

I do not like the online interface at all for student consult. I wonder if the Kindle will ever be good enough to study med text from...

Agreed, it's a horrible interface. Viewing print versions for chapters was the only thing it had going for itself. It was pretty nice to be able to save a pdf copy to view and search it offline. Oh well, at least Lippincott's "The Point" still has that feature available. It will be interesting to see where the digital text industry goes given the concerns with copyrights and illegal distribution issues.

Members don't see this ad :)
If it's gone, it's gone. They are probably worried about a very small percentage of students ripping their products off torrents and are thus punishing all legitimate customers. Although nothing will stop that from happening.

Yeah, I've suspected this may have been this reason behind it. Though I agree that the illegal distribution won't easily be prevented. All it takes is one person to cut off the binding of a text and run it through a scanner. But oh well.