Student from France

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

hoobbes

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
hello everybody

currently studying medicine In france , I would like to prepare the USMLE exam to work abroad . I would like to know which Anatomic , physiologic book etc .... I need to prepare this medical Exam : I must admit that my knowledge on anatomy are not strong enough , and this is the reason with I would like to improve my basis.

I actually start this intensive preparation , but I need more details .

thank you for all your answers .

Members don't see this ad.

http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showpost.php?p=6192274&postcount=12

One of the ways you can get good scores. (also has advice on what books to use for what section etc)

Anatomy is not that big a part of the test but if u still need to review it, then BRS Anatomy might be a good place to start. It is very detailed though.

Good Luck

for anatomy, the ultimate guide is--
Netter's Atlas of Anatomy
I also used Grant's dissector, as it had some nice boxes with important clinical information that showed up on my step 1. BRS anatomy is also good, but i only used it occassionally.

for physiology, definitely go with BRS pathology. it follows Robbins pathology, which is the bible for pathology. Goljan is also good, but it is not ideal for your circumstances. Robbins pathology (small or medium) are also good resources.

Netter is a great book if u are dissecting but for exam purposes it is no good as the USMLE Qs are interpretations of lesions etc not what structure is this kind of Qs. You have to understand the imlications of given insult which in not covered in Netter... it is a picture book and TOO detailed for purposes of this test IMHO

for anatomy, the ultimate guide is--
Netter's Atlas of Anatomy
I also used Grant's dissector, as it had some nice boxes with important clinical information that showed up on my step 1. BRS anatomy is also good, but i only used it occassionally.

for physiology, definitely go with BRS pathology. it follows Robbins pathology, which is the bible for pathology. Goljan is also good, but it is not ideal for your circumstances. Robbins pathology (small or medium) are also good resources.

I thought the anatomy questions in my Step 1 exam were heavily skewed towards neuroanatomy- I would recommend reading High Yield Neuroanatomy as it came in quite handy.