Student Government at the University?

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by bjt223, Sep 3, 2014.

1. bjt223

7+ Year Member

Great ideas or a waste of time?

2. Ismet

Ismet PGY-almost done!
    Physician Moderator Emeritus Verified Expert 7+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    If you're interested, go for it. Depending on how big your school is, though, it could be a huge time sink. Being on the student government board at my undergrad is like a full time job and not something one would do unless they were REALLY interested in it.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Aerus

Aerus Elemental Alchemist
    5+ Year Member

Medical Student
    Depends on what your position you will have and if you're really interested in being a student leader. Don't do it just for your app and then do nothing with the position. I'm part of student government and I don't regret it in the least.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. OP
    OP
    bjt223

7+ Year Member

Awesome! I am glad that you are having fun and learning something. I just want to improve my leadership skills and dealing with certain diversity of people.

5. Aerus

Aerus Elemental Alchemist
    5+ Year Member

Medical Student
    That's awesome! You'll definitely learn to appreciate the diversity of experiences of your fellow peers in student government. Best of luck!