1. The SDN iPhone App is back and free through November! Get it today and please post a review on the App Store!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

Student Government at the University?

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by bjt223, Sep 3, 2014.

1. bjt223

5+ Year Member

Great ideas or a waste of time?

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. Ismet

Ismet PGY-almost done!
    Administrator Physician 7+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    If you're interested, go for it. Depending on how big your school is, though, it could be a huge time sink. Being on the student government board at my undergrad is like a full time job and not something one would do unless they were REALLY interested in it.

4. Aerus

Aerus Elemental Alchemist
    5+ Year Member

Medical Student
    Depends on what your position you will have and if you're really interested in being a student leader. Don't do it just for your app and then do nothing with the position. I'm part of student government and I don't regret it in the least.

5. bjt223

5+ Year Member

Awesome! I am glad that you are having fun and learning something. I just want to improve my leadership skills and dealing with certain diversity of people.

6. Aerus

Aerus Elemental Alchemist
    5+ Year Member

Medical Student
    That's awesome! You'll definitely learn to appreciate the diversity of experiences of your fellow peers in student government. Best of luck!