Student host etiquette

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Chieka

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Does anybody know how the student host program works? I just got a list of hosts for UCONN and I'm trying to sort myself out.

Thanks,

C.

Members don't see this ad.

call, request, and try not to cuss them out (in bed) . Do this, and success is in your future (in bed).

Call up a host that sounds fine for you. They are flexible and if they can't host they try to help you find a person who can.
I went to UConn and was a host for two years. It was fun for the applicant and the host. It gave the applicant a good idea of life at the school. The hard part is avoiding coming when an exam is scheduled.
UConn only has 6-8 exams total per year so each one is a lot of studying. Despite a pass fail system, you still have to do well on the exams.
The UConn students are some of the nicest people I have met anywhere for the most part. I loved my interview there. It was a relaxed atmosphere. Everyone was so nice.
The training I recieved at UConn was superb. I felt pretty comfortable as an intern with caring for very sick patients even in July and August. Good luck with interviews.

As my mother woud say "Would you eat like that if your were having dinner with the president?" I THINK NOT! Remember that, it comes in handy at times. Words of wisdom I tell ya!:)