student host MIA

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ComplexPuzzle

shakin dat a**
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
so i am a little concerned....my student host for case interview has seemed to disappeared....i have no idea where i am going to meet her or anything...which sucks cuz i may need to get a hotel now and lord knows that gonna hurt the bank....damn....where did she go....:confused:

Members don't see this ad.

u have no idea where u are going to meet her? cant u call her or something?

When I went to MCW, my student host just never showed. :eek: Thankfully the head guy of the applicant-host program let me stay with him and his wife, who were both incredibly nice people :)

Members don't see this ad :)
nope no number...so i finally just caved in and forked out the money for a hotel....:( ....i have some words to share with this gurl :mad: ....oh its on and poppin when i get to case...well actually not but it sounds good and makes me feel better....that's all that really matters anyway right

That happened to me too-- I emailed mystudent host two or three weeks beforehand to give her early notice and again called the day before and we agreed the time I would arrive and where I would find her, but she never showed, and I couldn't reach her on her cell or any other number I had for her. She didn't even write an appology email afterwards. It was at a school that makes you pay to get hooked up with a student host, too. That sucked lots, but luckily I live a little over an hour away, so I just went home. Sucked to have to wake up at an ungodly hour to get to my interview though.

Yeah, I feel like I'm in this boat too. I'm going to Mayo next Friday, and the coordinator there hooked me up with a guy, and the guy emailed me back to say it was OK to stay with him, but he hasn't emailed me since to give me his address or phone number...so I'm getting worried. I think I'm just going to get a hotel if I don't hear back from him until tomorrow.

Like Woots said, get in touch with the housing coordinator (usually a student). This happened to someone I know at URochester and the coordinator just ended up hosting two students that night instead of one.

hate to defend these delinquent hosts..but it is finals time for most med schools and that might be why your hosts seem to be disappearing. Still..no excuse for standing up stressed interviewees!:(

ps: hey woots..how did your MCW interview go? Are you interested in the school? I will be heading there next fall myself..so I wondered:) good luck with other trips!