Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

Student Leader of the Month?/Research Question

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by ejay286, May 15, 2008.

1. ejay286

ejay286 Member
    10+ Year Member

Pre-Medical
    I was selected as the Student Leader of the Month at my Univerisity and I wanna put it on my app but I'm afraid that it just seems kinda corny? Any thoughts?

Also, I worked in a lab for about a year where I did my own Research project but I also assisted a P.HD student with 2 additional projects. Should I put all 3 of these as one activity and describe all 3 in the description? Or should I cite all of them seperately as 3 seperate experiences. The latter seems as if it would seem like I did more.

Lastly, I have seen many people considering putting bullets in there description section. Can anyone help me out on how to format that?

2. SaveThisLabRat

SaveThisLabRat $700 Billion Dollar Woman
    2+ Year Member

Pre-Pharmacy
    Hell ****ing yes let them know you were student leader of the month.

That's awesome right there. I wanna be student leader of the month. Damn it, why doesn't anyone notice me?

3. scarletgirl777

10+ Year Member

Medical Student
    Let's think about this. If your undergrad has 200 clubs, and each club has 5 officer positions, that's 1000 student leaders (assuming everyone has only 1 position). There are 9 months in a school year, so every year, 9 people get this title.

I think it's probably worth it. It might sound corny, but it's pretty selective. As for any award, you just need a clear list of qualifications for getting it.

Edit: A year of resarch is a year of research, it seems weird to list that as separate things. Just describe the year in bullet points (unless multiple publications were coming out of it).