Student Loan

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

kp7

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.
Hi, I was wondering if someone can answe my question:
Do you have to be a U.S. Citizen to receive loans for med school?
Or, Alien Registration (aka Green Card) can suffice.

Thank You,
kp7

kp7

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
How positive are you? And where did you hear this information from?
I don't mean to sound harsh, but I don't want to have decided on which school I was going to attend only to find out that I can't pay to go there. If you understand what I mean.

Thank you for the information,
KP7

kp7

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Now this is going to be a stupid question, but you can get loan from FAFSA for med schools?
I thought that was used only for Undergraduate schools to determine how much scholarship one gets and how much state and federal aid students can get.
And, is there a limit as to how much they give each year for med schools (like how they have limits for undergraduate schools)?

~KP7

TRUE

slacker extraordinaire
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
You apply for loans through the fafsa just like undergrad. You really need to start reading up if you're thinking of applying for loans for next year. Student doctor is a good source of information, but it can't replace actually reading things yourself.

Anyway, there are limits on the loans just like undergrad, but they're different limits (8,500 subsidized loans -> no interest until graduation from school and 30,000 unsubsidized -> 2.8 % interest or thereabouts).

Read up.

kp7

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Thankfully, I will applying for next year.
Thanks for all the info.
I will no doubtedly read up on this in more details.

~KP7