Students attending Detroit Mercy

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

dds85

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I was wondering if anyone could tell me if students live in one area or if there is a common area where most students live. I'm looking for apartments for fall of 2008, and I don't want to be living somewhere by myself, dunno why but it feels better to be where everyone else is! any help would be appreciated

Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

If you are a drinker and party a lot, then live in Royal Oak. Royal Oak is pretty far from the school, but is where all of the wild and crazy dental school alcohol consumption occurs. If you want a more quiet, mature area, then a lot of the older, more focused dental students live in either Dearborn or Southfield.

I was wondering if anyone could tell me if students live in one area or if there is a common area where most students live. I'm looking for apartments for fall of 2008, and I don't want to be living somewhere by myself, dunno why but it feels better to be where everyone else is! any help would be appreciated

Thanks

Royal Oak is definatly where I will be considering, however I heard it is a 45 minute drive with traffic in the morning? Is this true? Because that is ridiculous!

If any students could help me out and tell me how long it is with traffic in the morning, it would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks....

I was just out there last weekend. The drive from royal oak to school took about 20-25 minutes. However, I drove it on a Friday afternoon, and there was not a lot of traffic.