students who deserve to be pharmacist vs. students who bs their way in

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

hpharm07

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
does anyone know of any student who deserve to be accepted vs. students who got lucky by bs-ing their way in? if so, which school? :p

Members don't see this ad.

does anyone know of any student who deserve to be accepted vs. students who got lucky by bs-ing their way in? if so, which school? :p

Pretty much every school would be my guess. It's part of life and life's not always fair. Yes, adcoms can see though a lot of bs but they can't catch everything. I know of students that didn't get into "really good" schools because of other students who cheated their way through undergrad and lied about EC's. It sucks, but it happens.

Usually the people who BS there way in pay for it eventually, whether its not making the grades in pharmacy school, or not passing the national exam, or having all that school and education on their belt just to have a short career because they don't like it. So yea, don't have any kind of bad taste under your mouth because you know someone like that! They'll either pay for it, or prove you wrong!

Members don't see this ad :)
Other than lying about EC's or LOR I don't think there really is a way to bs into pharmacy school unless maybey you bs'ed all your classes, have a low gpa, and still got in.

Cheating at my college (and I think most) doesn't really happen. Your grades reflect your work for the most part.

Its not like high school imo where everyone just cheats on everything and there arent really any consequences.

Give it your best shot! Even at pharmacy school, we can always use a class clown!:D

we all sort of BS our way in... i mean come on, we got an unfair advantage of interview feedback on studentdoctor than others who havent found this wonderful site yet! am i right or what? :D

we all sort of BS our way in... i mean come on, we got an unfair advantage of interview feedback on studentdoctor than others who havent found this wonderful site yet! am i right or what? :D

Yes, I see what you mean about the advantage, but I really don't think its that unfair. I mean, the resources are there for the people who bother to look. I found this sight because I was trying to find some tips for the interview, like typical questions that might be asked in an interview. This is one of the first links I found after googling for interview help.

Its a well known fact that a good physical appearence helps attractive people and it works to their advantage!:D If you interview two people for a job, one applicant is attractive while the other applicant is hideous, who are you more likely to hire? :rolleyes: The answer is obvious!

P.S. Don't ever try to bs me though!

This is true for any profession, but I understand how you feel though. I know someone that plagiarized my resume (I didn't know until months later...), and she got into pharmacy school, not to mention the job that I applied for too. She WAS my friend. It really upset me when I found out she got in and I was still waiting and was denied from multiple schools, especially since my GPA is way higher than hers, I have years more experience, and my PCAT was also better.

Anyway, don't let it get to you - it's not worth the stress. Like everyone else said, he/she will get theirs in the end. I got in, and that's all that really matters to me now! :)

This is true for any profession, but I understand how you feel though. I know someone that plagiarized my resume (I didn't know until months later...), and she got into pharmacy school, not to mention the job that I applied for too. She WAS my friend. It really upset me when I found out she got in and I was still waiting and was denied from multiple schools, especially since my GPA is way higher than hers, I have years more experience, and my PCAT was also better.

Anyway, don't let it get to you - it's not worth the stress. Like everyone else said, he/she will get theirs in the end. I got in, and that's all that really matters to me now! :)

I read this personal statement of a classmate...oh my gosh, it was so much like mine, except she articulated it with her experiences, she does not have any pharmacy experiences and told me she it's her first time applying to only two schools up north, got in both; if student fail the naplex, etc, etc, it does say a lot about about the school, they fail too! that's my opinion :oops:

I did some BSing in my interview, I didn't lie but I sold myself as a good candidate. I got in to school, personally I think I BSed and deserved it, so there's that.

This forum's motivation is out of bitterness toward others because someone did not get in, seems to me. You could have stood up and said something to an adcom or the person who lied/similar essay, if you did not try to fix the situation in anyway then do not come online whining about it.

I did some BSing in my interview, I didn't lie but I sold myself as a good candidate. I got in to school, personally I think I BSed and deserved it, so there's that.

This forum's motivation is out of bitterness toward others because someone did not get in, seems to me. You could have stood up and said something to an adcom or the person who lied/similar essay, if you did not try to fix the situation in anyway then do not come online whining about it.

I agree it seems like people whining. Plus what is the criteria to say who deserves to get in and who doesn't? I am glad it isn't my responsibility to set such guidelines.

who didn't try to make themselves look like the best outstanding applicant in their essay and interview? Do many people say "I am just average and do this that and the other thing but nothing special" or do they try to spin their experiences in a complex fashion to look great.

IE if you work in a lab do you talk about the genetic comparisons using all of these molecular techniques or do you say I farmed fruit flies and looked at the different shaped wings for mutations.

how many people are motivated by the money and asked in the interview why pharmacy said "the money" please!!! You have a lot of you know what if you do that.

I said that financial security was PART of my choice for pharmacy during my interview...Lets be honest we are taking on large amounts of debt and a hard 4yrs of school, some financial security is expected IMO.. but I see what you are saying. Everyone has to talk some BS at some point to get what they want out of life.

Some people are in it for the wrong reasons, and unfortunately they will probably have a miserable career doing something they dont really enjoy. Money only goes so far

I said that financial security was PART of my choice for pharmacy during my interview...Lets be honest we are taking on large amounts of debt and a hard 4yrs of school, some financial security is expected IMO.. but I see what you are saying. Everyone has to talk some BS at some point to get what they want out of life.

Some people are in it for the wrong reasons, and unfortunately they will probably have a miserable career doing something they dont really enjoy. Money only goes so far

Agreed they will be miserable. There just isn't a way to perfectly weed out such cases. Even so, someone may have the qualifications to be a great pharmacist and turn out to be a dud and vise versa. Just because you have the ability to be doesn't mean you will be. People change careers all the time, pharmacy is not some perfect state in which people will always be the best individuals to perform the job to the best standards in the world.

I do say one of hte interviews I did, I was speaking to the lady after the "official" interview portion and mentioned that when it comes down to it people really aren't going to be a nun or monk that serves an extremely poor area to help people while living in absolute poverty themselves. I went on to say yes I have the ability to help others and wish to but at the same time when I leave work I need to have my own life and be able to take care of myself. She totally agreed and I believe most people would, but honestly the vast majority of people that did their interviews inflated some part to look better.