study abroad personal statement ideas

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

blackarrowmoose

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
alright well i have to write my study abroad personal statement soon and ive been brainstorming about what to write about. do you guys have any ideas/suggestions? possibly themes that you used in your own essays

Members don't see this ad.

alright well i have to write my study abroad personal statement soon and ive been brainstorming about what to write about. do you guys have any ideas/suggestions? possibly themes that you used in your own essays

Are you saying you want to include your study abroad experience in your personal statement? Or are you writing a personal statement for something other than med school?

I'm going to assume that you are applying for a study abroad program.

The program I went through asked specific questions to answer in the essay, so I'll tell you what they asked:

What classes will you take while abroad, and why? Are they for your major, etc?
Why is this a good time for you to study abroad?
Why do you want to study abroad?
Have you traveled before?
What will you do once abroad? (ie- classes, volunteer)

I wrote mostly about my goal to become a doctor and tied in how studying abroad would help me achieve that goal/make me a better doctor and person in general...like gaining a more holistic world view/understanding differences between cultures and people and accepting everyone as they are.

sorry for being unclear, the personal statement is for a study abroad application