Membership Revoked
Removed
Account on Hold
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
May 1, 2008
Status
Occupational Therapist
I'm studying abroad next semester in Spain and planning on staying into the summer to volunteer. I'm wondering whether I will be able to complete my secondary applications abroad too? I plan on submitting the primary right away in June so hopefully would be getting secondaries late June/early June? (Is that correct?)
I'm not sure I want to risk missing the paper secondaries I'm sent though. I will have internet access everyday I'm there so doing online secondaries will be no problem at all. Anybody have any advice/history with completing these abroad? I just need want to know when I need to be back in the states.

Thanks!:)

Jul 17, 2010
Status
Medical Student
I'm studying abroad next semester in Spain and planning on staying into the summer to volunteer. I'm wondering whether I will be able to complete my secondary applications abroad too? I plan on submitting the primary right away in June so hopefully would be getting secondaries late June/early June? (Is that correct?)
I'm not sure I want to risk missing the paper secondaries I'm sent though. I will have internet access everyday I'm there so doing online secondaries will be no problem at all. Anybody have any advice/history with completing these abroad? I just need want to know when I need to be back in the states.

Pretty much every secondary is posted online. Most of them you complete and submit online so you should be fine.

There are a few secondaries that you have to print out and mail in or maybe mail in a check or some forms. You can certainly mail from abroad, but it may take longer and be more expensive. Still, it is doable. Definitely would recommend tracking it though, to ensure it gets to where it needs to go.

I have not heard of any secondary that is mailed to you.

tomh98

Professional Runner-Up
May 7, 2010
Status

Going abroad will be worth it! You can definitely complete your secondaries from anywhere. I don't know of any that are mailed to you. Don't expect them all to roll in June/July though... some schools wait a while before sending them out.

My only caution would be to time your moves so they won't fall in the thick of things. Or at least check this site for the questions so you can pre-write beforehand. Moving and dealing with apps at the same time is not fun.

Ursa

woof
5+ Year Member
Oct 19, 2010
Status
Medical Student
spain is the tits...i studied abroad in Madrid a few years ago. enjoy every minute of it

Last edited:
OP
geh926

geh926

Membership Revoked
Removed
Account on Hold
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
May 1, 2008
Status
Occupational Therapist
Awesome, I think I'll try staying into July then. Thanks a lot for your guys' help!

datongnoodles

5+ Year Member
Jul 5, 2010
Status
hey i just wanted to mention that i traveling abroad back in june/july and it's definitely not a problem getting the secondaries in. i got the majority of mine done by july and a few in august (and those ones were only sent out by schools in august). i really recommend looking at the secondary prompt thread from the year past b/c most of the questions don't change. if you have your essays/short answers already written out or well drafted, you're set to go! btw, i would make sure to have a secure internet connection, b/c you'll be paying with your credit card for all the secondary fees. good luck!