study abroad senior year before med school

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

futuremsfdoc

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
any thoughts on where i should go?

i'm thinking spain from jan. to may. but lately i've also thought about south america, like chile or argentina just cuz it's so different and i've already been to spain for 4 weeks.

anyone on here been someplace cool where i could speak spanish?

Members don't see this ad.

Hey, I also go to Mizzou. I don't know about spanish, but I studied in Heidelberg, Germany over the summer. It was awesome, but expensive. I would definately do it over again. What a beautiful place.

heidelberg.jpg

Bear in mind that when in Europe, it is extremely easy to travel from place to place - especially if you have a Eurail pass (which I highly recommend - in fact I urge people travelling to Europe to get one).

PM me if I can help further.

I'd be interested in the responses you get, because I'd love to go abroad for a month or even a semester. I'm aiming for a Spanish minor, so I hope to be pretty fluent in the next year or so.

I studied abroad in Toledo, Spain and loved it. I did it while at Mizzou, but went through another university. Recently I spent time in Costa Rica and would definitely recommend it as well. If you are into rain forests, volcanoes, great beaches, and very inexpensive everything it is the right place for you. The Spanish is easy to understand, although different than that in Spain of course. It doesn't have the same cultural elements as Spain (such as museums, cathedrals etc.), but since you have already been to Spain maybe you should give it a shot. Also, definitely do a homestay no matter what.
Good luck and let me know if you want more detailed information sometime.
I too wanted to go to S. America, mainly Chile. Have you had any professors from Argentina? Probably wouldn't be the best place to learn because it is so different than that of most other countries.