subzero0174

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Feb 13, 2005
Status
I am a 3rd year junior, and have completed all the necessary chemistry, math, and physics needed for the mcat. The problem is that I have only taken the two introduction courses for biology, so I am a little behind. I am planning on taking the mcat april 2006. I am considering taking the kaplan course the second semester that year. It is now february and I am clueless as to what to do this summer. I have considered studying abroad, but am afraid that this while have a negative effect on my application and mcat scores. I already have 120 hours of OR volunteer experience from last summer. I am wondering what the best thing would be for me to do this summer between junior and senior year.

Sarikate

Full of antioxidants
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Dec 22, 2004
Status
Medical Student
GO ABROAD. DO IT. Preferably somewhere where healthcare is a luxury and you can see what a lack of it leads to. There is nothing more important, in my opinion, than getting out there to see how the rest of the world lives!

virilep

What can Brown do for u?
15+ Year Member
Feb 12, 2004
Visit site
Status
Sarikate said:
GO ABROAD. DO IT. Preferably somewhere where healthcare is a luxury and you can see what a lack of it leads to. There is nothing more important, in my opinion, than getting out there to see how the rest of the world lives!
I definately agree. going abroad is an eye opening experience that the adcoms love. make sure wherever u go to try to see something about their healthcare system. goodluck!

akanene

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Feb 6, 2005
Status
i definitely agree that you should go abroad, but not necessarily to see another country's healthcare system, although this can be interesting. do it because it will be such a wonderful experience to see a different part of the world!