1. Guest, be sure to check out How To Get Into Dental School, our free downloadable PDF with step-by-step details for dental school applicants!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice
  3. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice

Study Aids for NDB II Exam

Discussion in 'International Dental' started by mightymolar, Dec 8, 2002.

1. mightymolar

mightymolar Member
    7+ Year Member

Hiya'll

Has anyone used the following textbook/study aid for NDB II? I was browsing through the Barnes & Noble website and the following was going for $39.96.

Rudman's Questions and Answers on the NDB/II: National Dental Boards, Part II, Vol. 2

Also there was another title called: National Dental Boards (Ndb) going for $55.96.

Both titles were by Jack Rudman of National Learning Corp. The only drawback that I noticed was their outdated publishing dates. 1985 and 1991 respectively!!!!

I will try to get Dental Decks Part 2 and past exam papers. But thought I would also try using one of these aids. I am thinking of placing the order within next week or so. But before I do that, I thought I would ask the wise ones of this dental forum whether or not they had experienced using any of those texts.

Positive or negative remarks would be appreciated.

Cheers,

Good luck with your studies and keep warm.

M

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. rachnabc

rachnabc Junior Member
    7+ Year Member

Hi! I have read the Rudmans II and I have it too. I found it had the same questions as the NDB past papers and I wasted my money on it. They are simply rearranged and each paper has much less than the NDB papers. I wouldnt advise you to buy them if you can get the past papers.

All the Best .

4. Esthetics

Esthetics Junior Member

Hi,

I think the Rudman's Q&A is not required if you have the ASDA reprints with you. Even though I haven't used the book myself, I have had opinions from my contemporaries that it really is a waste of money!!!

So, stick to the ASDA reprints.

Good luck to you too....

5. vandroid2002

vandroid2002 Junior Member
    7+ Year Member

Hi!!!
    I used the Duggans notebboks for part II, they are very good, I also used for part I, they cover prtty much everything, I had no problems!!! Maybe if you try will help you. Good luck! and contact me if you want more info or the booklets.:)

6. mightymolar

mightymolar Member
    7+ Year Member

Hi. Thanks for sharing your tip. Could you please let us know the details for that "Duggan's Book"? Would it be possible to find it on the internet?

Cheers

M

7. Irishcream

Irishcream Member
    7+ Year Member

8. Rado

2+ Year Member

Dental Student
    Hi Vandroid 2002,

Do you have the duggans material with you, if you have I will purchase it from you. Please let me know.
    thank you.
    Rado