Study for MCAT in 1 month's time?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

bonoz

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
If you had one month to study for the MCAT, and you had other committments like a full-time job etc, but you've taken the test before so you really just need to freshen up a bit and practice... How would you study for it?

I'm in a similar situation. I have already submitted my application. My thinking is that if I do good on my practice tests, I'll go ahead and take the test. But if I'm not showing improvement on my practice tests, I'll simply void the test. But I'd still like to give it a shot.

Has it been done before? How should I approach this?

Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

If you had one month to study for the MCAT, and you had other committments like a full-time job etc, but you've taken the test before so you really just need to freshen up a bit and practice... How would you study for it?

I'm in a similar situation. I have already submitted my application. My thinking is that if I do good on my practice tests, I'll go ahead and take the test. But if I'm not showing improvement on my practice tests, I'll simply void the test. But I'd still like to give it a shot.

Has it been done before? How should I approach this?

Thanks

why do you want to rush?
But your plan looks to be good. Just void it if you feel you did not do well.
Though I do not have any experience in voiding a test.

read the 30+ study habits sticky to get an idea of the competition/level of preparation youre stacked up against.

Considering it's a retake, putting yourself in a disadvantageous situation is not a good idea. Well, it's never a good idea, but it's even worse for a retake. Rush the test again and you will probably need to retake again.

Members don't see this ad :)
Considering it's a retake, putting yourself in a disadvantageous situation is not a good idea. Well, it's never a good idea, but it's even worse for a retake. Rush the test again and you will probably need to retake again.

Revelation of truth.

i studied for about 4-5 weeks and ended up with a 28S. i had to relearn pretty much everything too so i think if you're retaking, 4 weeks is more than enough.

i studied for about 4-5 weeks and ended up with a 28S. i had to relearn pretty much everything too so i think if you're retaking, 4 weeks is more than enough.

No offense bro, but most people aren't going to be happy with a 28S. I don't think your story is quite what the OP is looking for in terms of great success after studying for a month.

in terms of 'success' stories, I technically only studied for 3 weeks, about 6 days a week, and got a 39T... that being said I had just finished my third year of chemical engineering, so i loves me some physics and chemistry (big love for thermo)... and I had just taken two bio courses and a biochem course... and I've been reading and writing at a high level my whole life... SOOO to say I only studied 3 weeks is kind of being unfair to the fact that a large portion of my studies over prepared me for the test.

Everyone is unique (go cliche statement!)... so what are you looking for here? Us to tell you that you will do well? Some people have studied less and gotten better... it will always be that way as there are so many people writing this test. But honestly, I work better under stress... so I say to you... make time to study, and study hard, because if you dont get the score you need, and cant get into medical school, will you be able to forgive yourself?

;)

OP, I'd laugh at you if you tried...

but I'd commend you if you pulled it off successfully.

Good Luck:thumbup:

A friend of mine studied for a month, and he had no significant advantages, in terms of courses taken. He scored a 31. This is how he said he did it.

First he took a couple of practice tests to find his weaknesses. Then he studied those subjects/topics for 2 1/2 weeks. Then he did an overall review and took a few more practice tests. He took about 3 days off before the real deal. He did this by studying 3-4 hours per day.

So I guess it is possible. Although 31 is not amazing, he still got into the school he wanted.