study habits -- how did you adjust to Dental school?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

FT8

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
wanted to ask ya'll how you transitioned from Undergrad to Dental school in regards to your study habits.

any specific things you guys do to retain all the volume of info? tools to be efficient? random 2 cents? anything!

Members don't see this ad.

When I tried more during fall semester I would take quick abbreviated notes on a plain piece of paper after each lecture. Big picture type stuff. Then I'd do it again before exams in more detail.

Now... I flip through the powerpoints the day before an exam and mostly wing it. I spend much more time in sim lab practicing my hand skills now since I find that to be more important in the long run.

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
For real though, the key to success is repetition and practice. Read all of your notes every night, do any practice problem/exam you can get your hands on, and practice for a practical at least a week in advance.

Reactions: 1 user
The best way to do well?... I would suggest show up about 2hrs before lectures in the morning and study