Study like you went to Harvard or JHU

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

GangaMaster

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Does anyone have access or know how to find their syllabi for each class. Even though I do not go to these schools, I want to study like I went to these schools and cover the information that they do that differs from ours if its within my ability.

Members don't see this ad.

Assuming you go to a US MD school, you realize you are still tested on knowing your material, right?

Does anyone have access or know how to find their syllabi for each class. Even though I do not go to these schools, I want to study like I went to these schools and cover the information that they do that differs from ours if its within my ability.

It doesn't differ. Study for your own classes.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)

If you score a 280 on step 1 from a bottom tier DO school you still know more than 99.9% of Harvard M2s.

The difference between those schools and lower tier schools are the research opportunities and connections...not a knowledge difference.

Reactions: 2 users
I hear at Hopkins and HMS they have something like 10-13 diseases that no other med schools are allowed to teach about. OP, if you can find those notes let me know.

Reactions: 9 users
If you score a 280 on step 1 from a bottom tier DO school you still know more than 99.9% of Harvard M2s.

The difference between those schools and lower tier schools are the research opportunities and connections...not a knowledge difference.

This.

There's not an extra cranial nerve that only HMS learn about or a secrete drug only their grads prescribe. Everyone is responsible for the same information that is tested on the USMLE. As stated above, research opportunities and networking will be very different.

If anything I'd like to see the curriculum at Baylor. Whatever secret sauce they are using to pull off that high of a USMLE average with a shortened basic science curriculum it's clearly working.

Reactions: 2 users

Are you sure you're a medical student? Because this is easily one of the dumbest things I've ever heard.

Reactions: 1 users
Just buy some Harvard shirts and walk around pretending to be a student there. Done

I hear at Hopkins and HMS they have something like 10-13 diseases that no other med schools are allowed to teach about. OP, if you can find those notes let me know.

This is actually true.

Only select schools have access to lecture notes on the pathophysiology on diseases such as penis captivus.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Penis_captivus

I lol'ed hard. :laugh::laugh:

Realize that students at many top schools will study from multiple sources. Relying solely on your school's curriculum to get you by, even if (especially if?) it's from Harvard, would be a poor decision. In fact, schools that operate partially on a PBL basis, such as Harvard, especially expect their students to teach a nontrivial amount of material to themselves using other resources. They can get by with an 'incomplete' curriculum particularly because they have strong students who can be self-regulated in their learning.

How+high+are+you_e6cad6_3072817.jpg

i heard they teach M3's how to cure AIDS at HMS

I don't go to Harvard, but this guy I know who does let me look at his syllabus once. It was plated in gold and the shine from the pages temporarily blinded by me. When my vision returned, the layout and presentation of topics was so logical, so beautiful, and honestly, so poetic that I wept. The depth of understanding I gained from just my brief moments with the celestial tome was far greater than all the time I spent with Costanzo and Pathoma. I thanked my friend that he allowed a mere midtier student like me to witness such unfathomable glory.

Reactions: 6 users