Nov 29, 2010
Status
Pre-Dental
hello there..

1. pls tell me the most important books required for preparing for part 1 nbde...

I have all kaplan notes but i heared recently, that the exam, these days is becoming more and more tough and we need extra material and books to increase our knowledge..

2. next i wana ask which book is to prefer FIRST AID USMLE or FIRST AID NBDE part1?? or both??

3. last i also want recently released Dental decks for part one.. from where can i get them? as i have old ones..

asghan

7+ Year Member
Nov 20, 2010
san diego
Status
Dentist
hey hi...
there are many old posts that reply to ur queries, maybe that's y no one's replying.

When ru taking your part 1? where u from?

i just started with my part 1 prep..have decks 0-07 and kaplan review 2001 notes. waiting for other materials btb..feel free to mail me

i can't advice u much on the materials cos i've just started with my preps and following the materials that guys have posted here in older threads..good luck!!:)

Last edited:
Mar 22, 2010
Status
Dentist
Hello..

People have been saying that the exam is getting tough, but if you prepare nicely,it should not be a problem. I used Kaplan notes, Nbde first aid, dental decks and asda released papers for my preparation. To be honest, I did not use much of Kaplan notes but consulted my regular bds books when in doubt. I really concentated on decks and released exams for my preparation but I know for a fact that kaplan notes are very good and useful and I should have used them too. So if u use these books, u should be good. Good luck for your preparation!!

krishdentist

10+ Year Member
Feb 4, 2009
San Francisco
Status
Dental Student
hello there..

1. pls tell me the most important books required for preparing for part 1 nbde...

I have all kaplan notes but i heared recently, that the exam, these days is becoming more and more tough and we need extra material and books to increase our knowledge..

2. next i wana ask which book is to prefer FIRST AID USMLE or FIRST AID NBDE part1?? or both??

3. last i also want recently released Dental decks for part one.. from where can i get them? as i have old ones..

Here is the material List
1. ADA part 1 released exam I-A to I-N
2.Dental desk 2001
3. Dental desk 2004
4. dental desk 2007
5. dental desk 2009-2010 latest
6. kaplan audio CD
7. kaplan online question bank 2010
8. kaplan review notes Dent Essentials
9. Mosby review on NBDE 1
10.Rudmens MCQ Book
11. First Aid NBDE 1
12. First Aid NBDE 1 Question and Answers
13. First Aid USMLE 1

First Aid USMLE 1 is needed to be read because newer exams more emphasis on genetics, embryology and biochemistry . Most of the books you can find on Amazon.
Good Luck with studies :thumbup: