Study methods - Timetable.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Engg to Doc

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi all,
For those who plan to take the MCAT next year, what does your review plan look like? I studied all the material 10 years ago and I am starting to review them. Do you do Bio, Chem, orgo and Phy chapter by chapter or do you handle one subject as a whole chunk at a time? Those of you who took the MCAT already, what was more effective for you?
I'd appreciate any help with drafting my 'timetable'. I seem to be having a major information overload!

Members don't see this ad.

I'm taking it next August. For the whole year I'll be working on my weak point- verbal (and maybe writing). Within 6 months I'll learn any science I haven't covered before and then do science review. Last 2 months will be doing practice every available free time. Last 2 weeks will be doing practice every waking moment. I REALLY don't want to take it twice.

Thanks, that really helps - Checking the AAMC topic lists is something that never occured to me. I have started learning science topics that I have not covered before. And... verbal is my weak point too (as is for most of us!) So I had better start working on that!
I don't know what I would have done without SDN!