Study Methods?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

NRAI2001

3K Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am trying to study on my own, i bought the TPR and Berkeley Review books and I have both of their syllabuses also.

What study method do u think is better:

1) Follow the TPR syllabus and schedule and roughly do the chapters in the order that u would do them in class (chap 1 g chem, then chap 1 physics, then chap1 bio....

2) Do single subjects at a time. Like for example go through the entire g chem book, do g chem questions and passages, just work on g chem till i feel confident and then move on to the next subject and do the same.

So far I have been using method 2, I have done almost the entire g chem book for TPR (just read through, haven't done the passages yet).

Any suggestions or advice would be great, especially if it is from personal experience.

Thanks a lot.

Members don't see this ad.

I guess I'd follow the syllabus. That way you don't do g-chem, forget it while you're doing bio, forget both while you're doing physics, etc...

Good luck!

NRAI2001 said:
I am trying to study on my own, i bought the TPR and Berkeley Review books and I have both of their syllabuses also.

What study method do u think is better:

1) Follow the TPR syllabus and schedule and roughly do the chapters in the order that u would do them in class (chap 1 g chem, then chap 1 physics, then chap1 bio....

2) Do single subjects at a time. Like for example go through the entire g chem book, do g chem questions and passages, just work on g chem till i feel confident and then move on to the next subject and do the same.

So far I have been using method 2, I have done almost the entire g chem book for TPR (just read through, haven't done the passages yet).

Any suggestions or advice would be great, especially if it is from personal experience.

Thanks a lot.

MoosePilot said:
I guess I'd follow the syllabus. That way you don't do g-chem, forget it while you're doing bio, forget both while you're doing physics, etc...

Good luck!

Hmmmm.... good point.

if your going to do the second method i would take detailed notes and review them every once and while so you dont forget it all when your reviewing the other subjects. I would just do option 1 and still do the note thing

Members don't see this ad :)
Has anyone tried method 2? I think i read somewhere someone talking about uusing this method?

I think method 2 would be fine. But make sure that after you go through them all you review them all again and take plenty of practice tests.