Study more for Subject I am more confident????

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Hello guys,
For each MCAT section, I would say I'm more confident on Biology, Organic chemistry, Biochem, Psychology, and Sociology. On the other hand, I'm not very confident with physics and gen chem. Would you suggest that I would focus more on the subjects that I am more confident with and be great at it, however, still focus on gen chem and physics but to little extent.

Breaking down each section, Gen chem and physics do not make up the majority of the questions on the MCAT.
Gen chem is about 23 questions and physics is about 16 questions.
While biochemistry: 32 questions, biology take the bulk of the question 48 questions, psych 40 questions, sociology: 19 questions, and organic chem 14 questions. This is just the science section but there is a CARS section as well.
So should I focus on what I feel more confident with?

Thanks guys

Members don't see this ad.

When are you trying to take it?If it's soon I would try and shore up gen Chem as much as you can. It's a good portion of the C/P section so you can't get around it. Physics on the other hand, you can get around it if absolutely necessary by skipping those passages (which might only be 1 passage) and focusing more time on the other passages.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Members don't see this ad :)
Hello guys,
For each MCAT section, I would say I'm more confident on Biology, Organic chemistry, Biochem, Psychology, and Sociology. On the other hand, I'm not very confident with physics and gen chem. Would you suggest that I would focus more on the subjects that I am more confident with and be great at it, however, still focus on gen chem and physics but to little extent.

Breaking down each section, Gen chem and physics do not make up the majority of the questions on the MCAT.
Gen chem is about 23 questions and physics is about 16 questions.
While biochemistry: 32 questions, biology take the bulk of the question 48 questions, psych 40 questions, sociology: 19 questions, and organic chem 14 questions. This is just the science section but there is a CARS section as well.
So should I focus on what I feel more confident with?

Thanks guys
Given that most of the MCAT questions are passage based, it is definitely the best approach to feel solid in all content areas, rather than to be elite in some and lacking in others.

If there was a passage based largely on gen chem material consisting of 6 questions, and you got 5 of them wrong, you're in really bad shape just from that.

It's better to be able to get a lot of the questions right in all areas then all of the questions right in some. It's simply too risky to have areas you don't know.