Study one subject at a time or all/multiple subjects?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

mikel905

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
For those with DAT experience already, how did you break up the different subjects when studying? Would you recommend focusing on just one subject at a time or a little bit of everything each day?

Members don't see this ad.

I did practice PAT exam once every weekend. I studied max 2 subjects per day: one in the morning, and one at night. During school season, I only studied 1 subject per day. I received AA 22/TS 23/PAT 22.

Reactions: 1 user
A little at a time. You don't want to forget info from the first subject you study. Do a little at a time so you're well versed in every subject on test day.

I think for sciences you might want to keep it at 2 at a time till you get used to it. For my first month, I did either ochem/bio or gen chem/bio. It wouldn't hurt to sprinkle in some review of notes every now and then. Month two, I was doing every subject on the DAT in some way every day.

Members don't see this ad :)
For those with DAT experience already, how did you break up the different subjects when studying? Would you recommend focusing on just one subject at a time or a little bit of everything each day?

Mikel, it is ALWAYS best to do what works for you. You have been studying for many years to get this far...Some of my students prefer to study 1 subject at a time and I personally like to jump around. There is no right or wrong way to study. The goal is to get through all the work and adequately prepare.....

Just my 2 cents..
Nancy

I studied a subject every week til the exam. I spent two weeks on biology though and would randomly review my previous content every 5-7 days.