1. Hey Guest! Check out the 3 MCAT Study Plan Options listed in the 'stickies' area at the top of the forums (BoomBoom, SN2ed, and MCATJelly). Let us know which you like best.

Also, we now offer a MCAT Test-Prep Exhibitions Forum where you can ask questions directly from the test-prep services.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice
  3. Dismiss Notice

study partner in the Chicago/Evanston area

Discussion in 'MCAT Discussions' started by bondgirl, Oct 23, 2002.

1. bondgirl

bondgirl Member

Hey April 2003 MCATers!!

I?m looking for an MCAT study partner in the Chicago/Evanston area!! I think it would be great to partner up with someone to keep on track, meet maybe once or twice a week to go over some questions or doubts.
    A bit of background: I graduated in 2001 with a non-science major, and finished most of my pre-med requirements very early in college. So, as you can imagine, I?ll need tons of reviewing and problem-solving! I have the Kaplan review books materials that I?m more than willing to share all the review material I have. I?m also thinking about buying more practice tests etc. I live and work in Evanston, and depending on where you live, we can set up a regular meeting spot. My apartment is also a good place to study, we have a huge table, lots of light, and it's quiet.

Lots of options- if there are several people interested, we can even think about setting up a study group.

2. Thread continues after this sponsor message. SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. Avery21

Avery21 New Member

Hello,

I would like to possibly start a study group. I have a few people who would like to start one as well. I go to school at Roosevelt University as a graduate student and Im planning on taking the MCAT in April 2003. I live in Downtown Chicago but the Roosevelt Campus is out in Shaumburg. I have a car so travel may not be a problem. Please let me know what you think.

Avery Walker

4. square

square Member

I am also taking the april test. i reside in the northern suburbs but should be able to meet in a study group format. keep me in the loop! thanks

5. bondgirl

bondgirl Member

Hi Avery and Square,
    Good to hear some interest! I live right close to the border between Evanston and Rogers Park. And I don't have a car. If it's not a problem for you two, if we could meet either close to the el line or around this area (I have a bike) it would be great.
    I work 8-4 everyday, and sometimes work late evenings, and weekends. That part is pretty flexible. Other than that, my schedule is pretty free to meet up. I was thinking maybe a weekend day (Sat or Sun morning/afternoon) for a few hours, and if possible maybe one weekday evening/night (depending on how far away you are, and time constraints).
    We can work out how rigid or flexible we want the study group format to be. Maybe meet once or email to figure it out: what study material we all have. Setting up a schedule on topics to cover. We can go over the questions we come up with as we study on our own. Also as the time draws nearer, we can take some parts of practice tests, or take set up time to take a whole one.
    Let me know what each of you are interested in- time constraints etc. PM me if you prefer- whatever works.
    In terms of meeting spots, I work at the research institute in downtown evanston (off the davis el stop) we have a nice little conference room that I check if we can use- if that sounds good. Let me know.