Study partner needed for May 2019 oral boards

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

phacoburn

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Happy new year everyone!
I am looking for a study partner for a buddy of mine who is sitting for the May 2019 oral boards. Given his extremely busy schedule, I volunteered to help him get a study partner. I found preparing for the test with a study partner paramount for passing! The following regime was passed down to me, proven to be successful, and so he wants to follow it to a T.

The regime:
Each study session will mimic the examiner/examinee format of the real test as closely as possible. Each participant will prepare 10 cases. Each case will essentially follow the Pemberton format and it is important to include pictures/results for ancillary tests as well. At first, case topics should come from Pemberton, then as those are repeatedly nailed, you can expand on to Wills, Luviano etc, i.e. this is not the time to go over zebras.
The examiner will present the examinee with 10 cases in a timed manner, while comparing the responses to the answer key that they have prepared. It is important for the examiner to write down what was missed, take notes on flow, etc. These sessions will come closer to the 25 min allotted during the real exam with practice. After this, the feedback is shared and the roles are reversed.

He is planning to start studying soon and looking for someone willing to do this twice a week initially and pick it up to three times a week as the test comes closer. He typically studies later in the evening around 8PM central time but this can be altered.
If you are interested, please reach out to me and I will get you two in touch.

Members don't see this ad.