Study Partners in New York City for the MCAT

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

an aspiring doctor

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello everyone

I am interested in collaborating with those that are hard working and determined in their MCAT studies. I feel that many such as myself are most proficient when working amongst others that are gearing towards the same goal. I have been currently studying on my own at my campus library. If there is anyone that is interested please say so.

Members don't see this ad.

Hello everyone

I am interested in collaborating with those that are hard working and determined in their MCAT studies. I feel that many such as myself are most proficient when working amongst others that are gearing towards the same goal. I have been currently studying on my own at my campus library. If there is anyone that is interested please say so.

When do you plan on taking the MCAT?

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey I am definitely up for it. Even if you are taking it much earlier, I feel the combined determination of a group will motivate each of us to push ourselves this summer.

I will be taking the 2015 MCATs next Spring but I'd also be interested in meeting a few times a week for MCAT prep! I go to school out of state but intend to be studying at a college library for most of the summer.

Ok Premed not a problem perhaps another time. Indy I feel the same way! Indy and liberationist I will send you my email. I am currently studying at my university in Manhattan so if you are interested we can schedule a study session.

Hello everyone

Hi, I am currently studying for the MCAT and my test is in late July as well. I am interested in joining the study group.

I am taking the MCAT in August and I'm interested in this! I will be in and around Queens/Brooklyn/NYC all summer. I'm excited to meet people who can keep me accountable and motivated with studying.
I am in and around brooklyn/queens/long island/nyc as well. If you all decide on a location please let me know. I am very interested!!!!!

I am a high school Bio teacher here in NYC. Def. interested in having a few study buddies especially during the month of June-August. I have a lot of prep material from EK (after a failed in-class attempt) to Berkeley Review. Planning on taking the MCAT either in the end of August or September.

I am a high school Bio teacher here in NYC. Def. interested in having a few study buddies especially during the month of June-August. I have a lot of prep material from EK (after a failed in-class attempt) to Berkeley Review. Planning on taking the MCAT either in the end of August or September.
What do you mean failed in-class attempt? I'm just wondering because I'm considering signing up for an EK prep course.

Members don't see this ad :)
I am definitely down to meet up over the summer to focus on the mcat. I'm planning on taking the test in late august. Let me know if you have decided on a location yet.

What do you mean failed in-class attempt? I'm just wondering because I'm considering signing up for an EK prep course.

I did not like EK. They assumed that you were pretty much still in undergrad. The teachers were also seniors in college and waiting to start medical school in the Fall which imo, I felt were inexperienced.

Thank you for your interest nvo and wrightmd. I will email both of you.

Sorry...I never quoted it.. haha!

Hey everyone, I am presently studying for the MCAT and my test is in early September as a retake. I am interested in joining the study group.

I did not like EK. They assumed that you were pretty much still in undergrad. The teachers were also seniors in college and waiting to start medical school in the Fall which imo, I felt were inexperienced.

"They assumed you were still in undergrad" - in regards to what? Just curious before I decide to sign up.

"They assumed you were still in undergrad" - in regards to what? Just curious before I decide to sign up.

As in, they wouldn't remind you of certain equations or steps or small basic principles (you would forget along the way). For you, it might work but I graduated in 2010 and was a psych major so I was far removed from a lot of stuff with the exception of Bio and O Chem.

Hi! I would like to join the study group if there is still room. Taking the MCAT late 2014 or early 2015.

Looking for study partner/group
In Brooklyn, I'm planing to take the mcat next year May-June . So I just started, pretty much, haven't take all pre reqs yet.

Hi! I would like to join the study group if there is still room. Taking the MCAT late 2014 or early 2015.
Hello everyone