• AMA with Certified Student Loan Professional

Join SDN on December 7th at 6:00 PM Eastern as we host Andrew Paulson of StudentLoanAdvice.com for an AMA webinar. He'll be answering your questions about how to best manage your student loans. Register now!

Study Partners in New York City for the MCAT

an aspiring doctor

Dec 13, 2013
  1. Pre-Medical
    Hello everyone

I am interested in collaborating with those that are hard working and determined in their MCAT studies. I feel that many such as myself are most proficient when working amongst others that are gearing towards the same goal. I have been currently studying on my own at my campus library. If there is anyone that is interested please say so.

premedgrl1

2+ Year Member
    May 1, 2014
    1. Pre-Medical
      Hello everyone

I am interested in collaborating with those that are hard working and determined in their MCAT studies. I feel that many such as myself are most proficient when working amongst others that are gearing towards the same goal. I have been currently studying on my own at my campus library. If there is anyone that is interested please say so.

When do you plan on taking the MCAT?

About the Ads

TheWrightMD

May 7, 2014
      1. Pre-Medical
        Hello everyone

TheWrightMD

May 7, 2014
        1. Pre-Medical
          I am taking the MCAT in August and I'm interested in this! I will be in and around Queens/Brooklyn/NYC all summer. I'm excited to meet people who can keep me accountable and motivated with studying.
          I am in and around brooklyn/queens/long island/nyc as well. If you all decide on a location please let me know. I am very interested!!!!!

DrOzz

5+ Year Member
          Jun 3, 2013
          1. Pre-Medical
            I am a high school Bio teacher here in NYC. Def. interested in having a few study buddies especially during the month of June-August. I have a lot of prep material from EK (after a failed in-class attempt) to Berkeley Review. Planning on taking the MCAT either in the end of August or September.

premedgrl1

2+ Year Member
            May 1, 2014
            1. Pre-Medical
              I am a high school Bio teacher here in NYC. Def. interested in having a few study buddies especially during the month of June-August. I have a lot of prep material from EK (after a failed in-class attempt) to Berkeley Review. Planning on taking the MCAT either in the end of August or September.
              What do you mean failed in-class attempt? I'm just wondering because I'm considering signing up for an EK prep course.

About the Ads

DrOzz

5+ Year Member
              Jun 3, 2013
              1. Pre-Medical
                What do you mean failed in-class attempt? I'm just wondering because I'm considering signing up for an EK prep course.

I did not like EK. They assumed that you were pretty much still in undergrad. The teachers were also seniors in college and waiting to start medical school in the Fall which imo, I felt were inexperienced.

DrOzz

5+ Year Member
                Jun 3, 2013
                1. Pre-Medical
                  Thank you for your interest nvo and wrightmd. I will email both of you.

Sorry...I never quoted it.. haha!

premedgrl1

2+ Year Member
                  May 1, 2014
                  1. Pre-Medical
                    I did not like EK. They assumed that you were pretty much still in undergrad. The teachers were also seniors in college and waiting to start medical school in the Fall which imo, I felt were inexperienced.

"They assumed you were still in undergrad" - in regards to what? Just curious before I decide to sign up.

DrOzz

5+ Year Member
                    Jun 3, 2013
                    1. Pre-Medical
                      "They assumed you were still in undergrad" - in regards to what? Just curious before I decide to sign up.

As in, they wouldn't remind you of certain equations or steps or small basic principles (you would forget along the way). For you, it might work but I graduated in 2010 and was a psych major so I was far removed from a lot of stuff with the exception of Bio and O Chem.

BKgirl007

7+ Year Member
                      Aug 24, 2012
                      1. Pre-Medical
                        Hi! I would like to join the study group if there is still room. Taking the MCAT late 2014 or early 2015.
                        Hello everyone

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
                        2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
                        3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
                        4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
                        5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
                        6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
                        7. This thread is locked.