Study plan one month out?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

HiFi09

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Looking for some opinions on the best way to use the last 30 or so days of studying. I'm registered for the may 27th test date and starting to get anxious lol. I currently have 7 TPR CBTs and 7 AAMCs left to take. I recently took TPR CBT 4 ( P10 V13 B12- 35), but I'm not sure how I want to use the remainder of this month to study. I know for sure I want to take all of my CBT's by around may 20th, but at the same time I know I have a lot more work to put in to PS as well as everything else, and I still have EK 101 verbal to go through. Also, I wanted to get the 3 TBR cbts as well b/c of the good reviews on them. That would bring my total tests left up to 17. Is taking 4+ exams a week overkill? I dont know if its a good idea to just go ahead and try and crank them all out or do a few less and use the extra time to work on my weak points ? Should I even bother buying the 3 TBRs? I'm aiming to pull the plug on any studying by the may 22nd to give myself a week to get pissed off lol.
Any thoughts? Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

come on guys...over 100 views and no replies? Help me out here

If you have the time, you should probably take as many practice tests as possible. Make sure to always go over them in depth afterwards of course. You have a 35 though, so there isn't much that I can say (i'm scoring in the 30 range) that you probably do not already know. Good luck.

Hey I took TPR too. i'd say that TPR def makes their questions harder than the actual thing, so its good practice. But like I might have taken 10 practice tests at the most. You are already scoring higher than me (i only got a 30T). I guess the question is what score do you want? A 35 is good for many many schools. Maybe the top 10 that would be average or below average (I think they like 37). But I mean, where do you want to go? I studied all the way to the day of, so I mean, it depends on what kidn of method you use to study. But if you are already planning on taking a week off before the test, then maybe you think you mgiht get burned out in which case I would say dont take all the tests (4 a week will drive you insane). Maybe keep it to 2 a week where you take 1, ID your week points, study them for 3 days, then take another.If you are happy with your score then ease back on the studying, dont ramp it up. But dont quit altogether or you might forget some crucial details.

Members don't see this ad :)
I recently took TPR CBT 4 ( P10 V13 B12- 35), but I'm not sure how I want to use the remainder of this month to study

How the hell did you get a 13 on a TPR VR section? To me the TPR VR is ridiculous! I think I got a P10, V9, B15 on that one, and I felt lucky to get a 9. I've averaged 8 in the TPR VR and over my last 13 EK 101 passages I've averaged an 11. Anyway, congrats on the good score. I think 4 is probably the easiest TPR (even though I screwed up my timing in PS and lost points for it) as far as the sciences are concerned, but, getting a 13 in VR for a TPR is impressive. I envy you people who are great readers. That VR score makes all the difference in the world.

Just spend the rest of the month taking and reviewing tests and I'm sure you'll be fine. Just "keep fresh" on the material, but it doesn't look like you need too much serious study.

Hey I took TPR too. i'd say that TPR def makes their questions harder than the actual thing, so its good practice.
How many points difference did you see in your TPR tests and your AAMC (/ actual MCAT)? What about VR specifically? Did you notice a difference in the VR style compared to AAMC? More similar to EK?

Thx.

Hey I took TPR too. i'd say that TPR def makes their questions harder than the actual thing, so its good practice. But like I might have taken 10 practice tests at the most. You are already scoring higher than me (i only got a 30T). I guess the question is what score do you want? A 35 is good for many many schools. Maybe the top 10 that would be average or below average (I think they like 37). But I mean, where do you want to go? I studied all the way to the day of, so I mean, it depends on what kidn of method you use to study. But if you are already planning on taking a week off before the test, then maybe you think you mgiht get burned out in which case I would say dont take all the tests (4 a week will drive you insane). Maybe keep it to 2 a week where you take 1, ID your week points, study them for 3 days, then take another.If you are happy with your score then ease back on the studying, dont ramp it up. But dont quit altogether or you might forget some crucial details.

Thanks for the advice...At this point I'm just trying to do the absolute best I can do. congrats on your wayne acceptance, I would consider myself very lucky if I held an acceptance there by this time next year...

How the hell did you get a 13 on a TPR VR section? To me the TPR VR is ridiculous! I think I got a P10, V9, B15 on that one, and I felt lucky to get a 9. I've averaged 8 in the TPR VR and over my last 13 EK 101 passages I've averaged an 11. Anyway, congrats on the good score. I think 4 is probably the easiest TPR (even though I screwed up my timing in PS and lost points for it) as far as the sciences are concerned, but, getting a 13 in VR for a TPR is impressive. I envy you people who are great readers. That VR score makes all the difference in the world.

Just spend the rest of the month taking and reviewing tests and I'm sure you'll be fine. Just "keep fresh" on the material, but it doesn't look like you need too much serious study.

Hey thanks for the input. I'm not really reading too much into that verbal score. Even though I've been doing pretty alright in verbal I definetly am most scared about this section b/c I feel like there is the greatest risk for major fluctuation just based on the test itself. I agree with you though...TPR verbal is ridiculous. I think we should pay much more attention to our EK scores. Thats an awesome bio score you got there though. I felt like I did much better on that bio section than I ended up doing..but go figure. Have you gone through the rest of the TPRs yet?

Let me take that back, it was #5 I had the BS 15. That's the easiest one. I think I had a BS 13 on #4. Those have been my two highest scores.

I hope we should pay more attention to our EK scores because my TPR scores for VR are not making the trip to medical school any easier :( How are your EK scores coming along?

Yeah, I did some other TPR's. That was my best (but most unbalanced) overall score in #5, but I think it was because of the tests I did it has a much easier Bio section.